• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Blank Screen problem

Earlier today my phone fell, but it wasn't from very far of the ground and it has a cover so I assumed the phone was ok, but when I checked it, it has no cracks or any damage whatsoever, but the screen went blank. The app switcher key and the back key turn on when I press the home screen and I can see the LED light flashing because of notifications, but the screen is blank and there's no haptic feedback when I press the keys, even if they are on when I press them. What should I do?

Earlier today my phone fell, but it wasn't from very far of the ground and it has a cover so I assumed the phone was ok, but when I checked it, it has no cracks or any damage whatsoever, but the screen went blank. The app switcher key and the back key turn on when I press the home screen and I can see the LED light flashing because of notifications, but the screen is blank and there's no haptic feedback when I press the keys, even if they are on when I press them. What should I do?

Hello and welcome to Android Forums Bennybenny15 :)

It sounds as though your internal screen connector ribbon has been jolted loose during the fall. This is not something that you can easily access without disassembling the phone, which is a skilled job.

Reactions: Bennybenny15
Upvote 0
Hello and welcome to Android Forums Bennybenny15 :)

It sounds as though your internal screen connector ribbon has been jolted loose during the fall. This is not something that you can easily access without disassembling the phone, which is a skilled job.

That actually makes a lot of sense, if I shake the phone I can hear something rattle. So I should take the phone to someone that knows how to fix it or is this something that I could learn how to do by myself? Thanks!

Upvote 0
That actually makes a lot of sense, if I shake the phone I can hear something rattle. So I should take the phone to someone that knows how to fix it or is this something that I could learn how to do by myself? Thanks!

If you have the tools and know-how...

If you don't, or the problem is something different, it could cost you a lot of money or loss of your phone. I would get it done by Samsung. The choice... is yours!

Upvote 0
There is normally a small rattle from the camera so you may just be hearing that.
While it is possible that a cable was dislodged, they are generally secured in place and can't really move that much so I'd suspect other damage.
Either way I'll agree that phone disassembly is not for the inexperienced, and there is much potential for making things even worse. Find the tutorials on Ifixit and read through them to see if it's something yo want to attempt.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones