Blank sd card or unsupported file systemSupport

Last Updated:

1. Gtokuno

Gtokuno New Member

Hi everyone,

My brother just bought a Milestone and he's having problems with the SD card (8gb). What happens is that he put some music on his phone, and with the program Ringdroid, began to cut some songs. Then, the phone began to crash, he restarted it. After restarting, the device didn't recognize the memory, saying "Blank sd card or unsupported system", occasionally rebooting, indicates that it was removed.

I have looked in other threads and google it, but found nothing useful. I can't unmount or format it from the phone. And as I have the G1, I put my card (that works) on Milestone and got the same problem, so I think it's not the SD.

*Ahh, and i've already formatted it, nothing...

Any ideas?

2. Gtokuno

Gtokuno New Member

Hey guys, any idea? I know the world cup is all the way now but i'm pretty desperate
  3. Szadzik

Szadzik Well-Known Member

Re-Flash the Milestone maybe?
  4. jerry42570

jerry42570 Well-Known Member

Any luck with Re-Flashing the Milestone? I'm keeping an eye on this thread because I'm having the same problem with my LG Ally.

I'll have to look up for how to re-flash my device (not sure what it means), but I'll give it a try as long as it won't damage my device.
  5. TelusMilestone

TelusMilestone Well-Known Member

Reflashing means to unlock the phone commonly known as rooting. You can also reflash back to the original one .. and yes there is a possibility you can brick(damage) the phone.

I would try re-formatting it..
    jerry42570 likes this.
  6. Gtokuno

Gtokuno New Member

Sorry for the late guys.

I don't really know what reflashing means (brazilian here), and saying to unlock the phone rooting it doesn't gives me any clue on how i can get started...

Rooting would mean formatting to zero? Then unlocking it?

And as i've previously said, re-formatting didn't work out =(
  7. Gtokuno

Gtokuno New Member

Hey jerry! Did u find out any solution on this?

8. ronsalvador

ronsalvador Member

Did you try "factory reset". Is this a new phone?
  9. TelusMilestone

TelusMilestone Well-Known Member

Have you tried a usb card reader to format the memory stick?
    and root=unlock=flashing firmware
  10. ronsalvador

ronsalvador Member

Have you tried enabling "USB Debugging" on the Application => Development menu.

I need to enable mine so that the PC can recognize the memory card.
  11. fertxter

fertxter New Member

i have also same problem:(

any ideal?
  12. therealdeal

therealdeal Member

i fixed this problem by buying a new class 4 kingston micro sd card.
  13. shrey75

shrey75 New Member

i too have this problem now today morning i dropped my phone and the back panel and battery got removed and my 8gb card is not working i tried to format it on both on pc and phone but nothing is happening whot to do..please help me