Blank SD Card?Support

Last Updated:

1. weems

weems Active Member This Topic's Starter

My phone died and when I charged it and turned it back on it says my SD is blank or unsupported and gives me the option to format, I tried to format and it still didn't work. Any ideas?

Advertisement
  2. weems

no one?

3. buxleyp

buxleyp Well-Known Member

Format the microsd card in a computer, and then move it back to the phone. That should work for you.

4. weems

How do I go about doing that? I don't have a way to hook it up to my computer, I don't think at least.

5. Paycer

Paycer Well-Known Member

If you don't have a card reader, then simply plug your phone into your computer via USB and enable, "USB Mode." When the computer recognizes the card and allows you access to it, right click on the drive and click on, "Format..."

6. weems

Even my computer won't recognize the card.

7. buxleyp

buxleyp Well-Known Member

You might want to find/borrow a card reader to connect directly to your computer. This will eliminate your phone as the potential cause of the problem.

If you've tried everything, then you may have a defective microsd card. Take it into a Verizon store and get the card exchanged.

8. SanchoJoe

SanchoJoe New Member

<P>It is not the Phones fault. My friend had the same problem with his droid x. I have been trying different Format tools but the sd card wont even read on the computer. computer thinks its a disc drive and wants you to insert disc. </P>

9. exeter-acres

exeter-acres New Member

it IS the phones fault...

I am on my THIRD dead SD card...

quality card...

poof. Unreadable by ANY method.....

really pretty ticked off right now

10. jackwolt

jackwolt New Member

Possible Solution:
    I had all of the above. Tried lots of ways suggested. I formatted the sd card in the phone but it would not mount. Just hung there 'mounting sd card'. I re-formatted, then powered down. This time, i took the battery out as the charging graphic was on the screen, unplugged usb. So, the phone was now completely dead. Powered back up and it then it recognised the sd card and away it went. (galaxy Ace+). All the best. Jack

11. Ashba

Ashba New Member

Yesterday I began having this problem with my ZTE Engage. It really freaked me out, needless to say. Anyhow, I would turn my phone off and on, and it went away for a bit, then came back. This morning, I see it's back again, I googled the problem and found several sites discussing it, including this one. Reading all of your posts made me think that I would need a new phone/sd card. And that I had lost all the photos of my kids and husband. After trying many of the above suggestions with no luck, I took out the sd card for the millionth time and thought, maybe I should try the old video game console trick lol. You know, where you blow into it to get the dust out. At least that's what me and my brother did when we were kids with Super Mario. So I took out the card, blew on it, blew on the inside of the phone. Put it back in and poof, it's fixed. Hasn't happened since! Weird, I know. So after that, I immediately did a data back up with cricket, and uploaded all my pics to photobucket. I hope this helps someone! Goodluck!