• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Blank Widget

silki

Lurker
Mar 18, 2011
Just got an Xperia X8

Does anyone know of a Blank Widget or a see through widget that i can have on my home screen .... I like the wallpaper i have and i don't want a Widget in the middle of it ... but i do like widget on my other home screens as they are useful

Help ?

depending on what you want the widget to do it might be a bit tricky.. If you want a short cut to an app you could get minimalistic text free from the market, you could create a new widget containing only a space (or see through text) and then assign the app you want to the tap event.

If you want the widget to do something like change profiles you would need to combine minimalistic text with something like tasker which is not free but is very powerful (it has one heck of a steep learning curve though)....

Upvote 0
staffsmatt - thanks for getting back to me

No the Widget does not need to do anything at all.

On the X8 on 2.1 you can't have short cuts on your home screen as it uses teh four corners (SE tweak on the UI i think)

So you dont think one exists with you talking about making my own ?

Upvote 0
By shortcut I mean 1 x 1 icon that you tap and it opens an app, can you not add that by long pressing on your home screen?

What do you want the widget to do? If there isn't one available on the market then making your own would be your best bet....

A blank png file would do it too although you may have the label showing below it....

You could also try asking on your devices devoted forum (down the bottom of the androidforums home page).

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones