1. In regards to recently combined carrier specific root forums, if your device forum was affected, please see this poll/thread!

Blinking LED/Charger cutting in and outSupport

1. JP24

JP24 Member

I only noticed this after I installed the 2.2 update. Now, sometimes when I plug the charger in, the LED blinks amber. It is not just the LED blinking, it is blinking because it charges for a second, then stops, then charges, etc. It does this with the OEM AC charger, and any other charger I use, however, it does not do it all the time, it seems random. When it is doing this, it doesn't actually charge. I turn the phone off, plug the charger in, it's fine, turn the phone back on, still fine. It's somewhat annoying. Anyone experience this or know what's going on? It's definitely not an overheated battery.

Advertisement
  2. crazyg0od33

crazyg0od33 Well-Known Member

this just happened to me last night while my phone was off, with a 3rd party charger. However, it only puts out .5A so that may be it, but i am looking for an answer as well
  3. icn4d

icn4d Active Member

I had this happen on a3rd party charger where the warning came up for low battery so I plug it in, then it would cycle but every time it would disconnect it wouldthrow up low battery warning. Ended up nor being able to charge.

I have read that there are some major differences in how froyo charges I wonder if that has something to do wit it.