blinking led light and another questionGeneral

Last Updated:

1. cram10

cram10 Member This Topic's Starter

First time Android user...couple of quick questions
    1. Why does the green led light sometimes flash on the phone..I think its some kind of notification but when I check my mail n messages, I don't have any new ones.

2. Why does my alarm clock never go off on the morning? It is def set correctly

3. Sometimes when browsing, the screen will get brighter and dimmer automatically. Is this a feature ofthe phone to save battery or is something wrong?

Thanks in advance for any replies.

Advertisement
  2. cram10

cram10 Member This Topic's Starter

Anyone have any responses?

3. Colchicine

Colchicine Well-Known Member

This is a forum of volunteers, it's not an instant chat.

#3: You are inadvertently covering up the light sensor that is at the top left part of the phone, or the ambient light is changing.

4. alexderaven

alexderaven Member

1. The notification light is for all messages (text, gtalk etc..) not just email. I'm not sure if it blinks for facebook, or twitter notifications. I dont have that stuff sync'd.
    2. Check your alarm settings (volume, ringer type, dates set to ring, pm/am). Not sure if it goes off your ringer volume or your media volume.
    3. In your display settings you might have the phone to adjust brightness automatically (default setting). In this case it uses the light sensor (one of the little circles of the two on the front upper left portion of the phone) to adjust brightness.

5. ShiftLft

ShiftLft Well-Known Member

Mine also blinks like this but I have turned off the light for new emails as I only care about txt msgs and missed calls. It still happens.

6. seVer

seVer Well-Known Member

for the alarm, the clock app has to be running. I was closing it down w/ ATK and realized that was why the damned thing never went off. Set ATK to not close it, and it's been working fine.

also make sure it's checkmarked, of course...