Blinking notification LED while charging??Support

Last Updated: 2010-10-29 06:57:33
  1. ocpa24

ocpa24 Member

So I was having issues with my Inc. after the 2.2 OTA so I did a factory reset which seems to have resolved a lot of the glitchyness, BUT, now when I charge the phone after a while the notification LED starts to flash and as it does this it alternates between amber and green and doesn't stop until I unplug the charger... Has anyone else experienced this? I can't imagine it is supposed to flash like that, there would be no reason for it.

Advertisement
  2. woop

woop novacane (OFWGKTA) VIP Member

It means your battery is overheating.
    necosino and ocpa24 like this.
  3. crazyg0od33

crazyg0od33 Well-Known Member

what if it is only blinking amber?
    Mine did that on a 3rd party charger which only put out .5A, but my battery was definitely NOT overheating. Not even hot
  4. icn4d

icn4d Active Member

Mine does the same thing. Stats charging then stops. Ends up not charging at ask just cycling through on and off. Its only on the 3rd party charger though...annoying
  5. Nodzarf

Nodzarf Well-Known Member

I had that problem once. I pushed in on the connection at the phone and it started charging as it should. Might just be the connection. After that everytime I charge my phone, I make sure the plug is in firmly. Haven't seen the blinking amber/green light since.
  6. NilsE

NilsE Well-Known Member

Me and a guy I work with each bought the same SUB wall charger, USB car charger, and retractable USB cable package from the same seller on ebay.

His car charger worked perfectly :) and mine blinked the notification LED :(.

His wall charger blinked the notification LED :( and mine worked perfectly :).

Oh yeah, tried all of them with different cables also.

Since I already had a bunch of wall chargers I gave him mine and threw out the car charger since I already had one or two that at least kept up with my GPS.

So the bottom line is, there are good odds you can end up with defective chargers even at the high price of $3.99 shipped :D

Now in answer to the OP. If it starts to blink the LED in the first few minutes it is definitely a defective charger. If the battery gets hot and it starts to blink it is either a defective charger or battery or just charging under hot conditions like the phone sitting in the sun.
  7. necosino

necosino Well-Known Member

Alternating green/red = overheating
    Flashing just red = the charger is putting out an unsupported voltage (usually too low to charge)
  8. eliza

eliza Member

mine blinks amber on a dead battery, green/amber on half full charge and then green when fully charged. sometimes i get the grey exclamation point battery icon and a message to only use htc brand chargers...but i only have the htc charger that came in the box???? then again i seem to have a myrid of problems with my inc....and each day its something different.
  9. jimbiss

jimbiss Active Member

I have seen the grey exclamation also, what does it mean?