• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Blinking red light is driving me crazy!

mcmuffin

Lurker
Sep 27, 2012
Aaaaa... My 'droid has gone insane! In the upper left corner of the actual phone, not the screen, there's a constant red f'n blinker - it prob should blink only when someone's calling you, or that's the only time when I've seen it blink at me with actual purpose. I'm not talking about the charging blinker, but in the one in the very very far left upper corner.

I've tried rebooting the phone, I've taken the battery off for 10++ minutes, the phone's fully charged, I've used task killer, memory's not full, and I haven't installed new apps for like a week. This f'n light started blinking yesterday, and hasn't stopped even for a minute. I cannot think of any other easy solutions - I'm desperate here! Has anyone had the same problem? Can anyone save my phone?!

(I'm actually so frustrated with the blink blink blink blink blinkblinkblink that I'm thinking of switching phones...)

Quick answers please, before I lose all my marbles!

I've been having the same problem all day today, and I have been looking for a solution on the web for the past two hours. While reading your post, it occurred to me that I updated "Viber" today.. Instead of uninstalling, I just exited... The blinking stopped. Re-entering the application restarts the blinking...
I just visited google play and found this... https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.viber.voip&hl=el
I know that's not a solution to the problem, but maybe a clue.

Upvote 0
Oh god, thank you! I didn't even remember updating Viber, but that's right, it DID update itself today. I forced it to quit, and yes, the oh-so-annoying red light died with it. Buuuut when opened again, the blinking returned too. What kind of devilry is this?!

So glad it wasn't the phone that started bugging, but the app. Now at least I know what the problem is. Hopefully Viber will fix it soon, or else... :hmpf:

Upvote 0
I've been having the same problem all day today, and I have been looking for a solution on the web for the past two hours. While reading your post, it occurred to me that I updated "Viber" today.. Instead of uninstalling, I just exited... The blinking stopped. Re-entering the application restarts the blinking...
I just visited google play and found this... https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.viber.voip&hl=el
I know that's not a solution to the problem, but maybe a clue.

Thnx abc_gr , i have same prob. I hope "Viber" fix that soon.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones