1. In regards to recently combined carrier specific root forums, if your device forum was affected, please see this poll/thread!

blinking red lightSupport


  1. aenoch

    aenoch Well-Known Member

    so iv been on pdanet to connect my netbook online most of the day even tho its extremly slow horrid signal whereim at all of a suddenpdanet disconnected i looked at my phone and the notification led was blinking red


    i hit the power button to see what was up nothing came up not even the lock screen so i hit it a few times and was just about to pull the battery when the phone rebooted then went from boot animation back to red blinking light and restrted to charging screen so i turned it back on everythingseems fine what happened?


    and a nother thing any one else that tethers does your phone not charge
    on mine after a wile my battery indicator is red no moving green color just red with lighting bolt in the middle

    Advertisement
  2. alsaces daddy

    alsaces daddy Well-Known Member

    Your phone overheats whenever it's tethering. Battery charging would be next to impossible because the phone realizes how hot it is and wont do it.

    Your red blinking light has something to do with a notification of some kind. Usually it's an app such as your email, heytell, or whatsapp. (from my experience) But I do think it could alternatively be your phone saying it's getting too hot.

    Try limiting your tethering to just a couple hours at a time. Give the phone a chance to cool off. If not then don't put it down on the couch or something where there's no air flow.
  3. justtom

    justtom Well-Known Member

  4. austin316

    austin316 Well-Known Member

    Yeah I can vouch for this. I only got the red blinking light one time and it was because my battery got hot. I could feel it threw the case even. I downloaded an app that had a battery temp. as part of it and when I tether I disconnect it from my PC when it gets over 100 degrees. I've read that android phones over heat around 110 to 120 degrees. I don't chance it because it could probably screw up your phone by continualy overheating it. I also read DO NOT take your battery out if it overheats and try to cool it off manualy with a fan, freezer/fridge because it will destroy your battery. I did alot of research on this when I got my first overheating issue.

Share This Page