1. 2015 is going to be a great year for Android! Why wait??
    Samsung Galaxy Note 5 | Samsung Galaxy S6 | HTC One M9
  2. New Forum Created: Samsung Gear VR!

Bloatware removal - Please help

1. bebarb

bebarb New Member

So I have a rooted Activa now, thanks guys :) And I also own Root explorer. This is my second Huawei device, coming from the Ascend previously so Root explorer was a must to remove bloatware on that device.

Only problem I'm having is that I can't find the /cust folder on this thing. Where do I go to get rid of all the metro bloatware? Can anyone help?

Advertisement
    :
  2. Mexjoker

Mexjoker I'm Not Real, Doris!

Try system/app
    Should be there
    Worth a try :)
  3. bebarb

bebarb New Member

Just looked in system/app and can't find any of the metro bloatware I was hoping to remove. Things like mail@metro aren't in there, although the metro app store was. Anyone else found how to remove this stuff yet?
  4. Mexjoker

Mexjoker I'm Not Real, Doris!

If you are in Root Explorer then you can just search for metro in root explorer and see if it finds anythimg that has metro on it
  5. PandaHacker

PandaHacker Well-Known Member

Use root uninstall and there is a filter option for system apps
    FtmProductions likes this.
  6. The_Chief

The_Chief Accept no imitations! Moderator

BTW Welcome to the forums, Bebarb! I hope you're successful in removing that bloatware :)
  7. jpjr

jpjr New Member

And if you are let me know what you did.
  8. The_Chief

PLEASE remember to make a nandroid backup in Recovery BEFORE removing things from /system. An innocent deletion could easily bork the phone, ending up in a complete wipe & re-flash. Always backup before doing anything fancy! :)
  9. BlazingFire258

BlazingFire258 Well-Known Member

Unfortunately it's not possible to make a nandroid back up for this phone since CWM hasn't been ported to this device. For all Metro apps, it will be in a folder called "delapps" in the "system" folder. You can delete the whole folder. I used Titanium Backup to uninstall all the metro bloatware but most of it can be uninstalled by regular means (aka going to application management and uninstalling). But if you want to remove the apks completely to free up space on the ROM then just delete the delapp folder.
  10. The_Chief

I stand corrected. Far be it from me to suggest that I'm perfect: just ask my wife :D

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using SwiftKey Flow