• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Block Calls

+1 for Google Voice. It has several options for handling unwanted callers which is one of the major reasons I started using it long ago.

Keep in mind that calls blocked at the app level still count against you for billing purposes. An app can't block a call until your device receives it whether it rings or not.

Since GV uses forwarding and GV does the blocking, blocked calls via GV do not count against you in that manner.

Yes.. But you can't block SMS to.
So I use Phone Blocker and it is free and works great no ads also!
Market: https://market.android.com/details?id=embware.phoneblocker

Upvote 0
I know there is a way to send contacts straight to voicemail but is there an app that can block calls or can someone please make one. I got a psycho calling me lol....

blacklistcall is the application you need. very easy to use. In market search for blacklistcall_en english version, also in spanish and chineese blacklistcall_es , blacklistcall_zh

Upvote 0
.. hm, I'm not sure what is fuss about it, there's a few good blacklist apps, like Extreme Call Blocker Droid, it reject call and sms, true, it still shows a missed call, but without ring .. sms would be inside blocked history or even erased, no notificaton whatsoever .. only one option missing, reject calls on system level, but there is Root Call Blocker Pro wich stops blacklisted calls at system level, no notifications .. root needed

Upvote 0
Hello,

there is an application that works as you specified. the application is blacklistcall.

If you have the voicemail configured when you hang up a call then the numbers you enter in the list of the application blocklistcall will be transfered directly to the voicemail.

You can also only silence those numebrs.

Regards.
Fressx

Upvote 0
For the past few weeks Terminix has been calling my phone every few days and leaving a voicemail with a promotional message (what's annoying is that the message starts by saying "This is an extremely important message." Uhm. No it's not.)

Anyway, I set up Avast to block the calls from that number, but it just goes to voicemail. This is actually even more troublesome than answering the call because then I have to call voicemail, wait for it to get to the message, and then delete it.

Are any of the apps mentioned in this thread able to prevent calls from being sent to voicemail?

I was thinking about whether or not such a thing is possible, and I think it could be. If an app is able to automatically answer a call from a specific number, and then immediately end the call, the caller would not be sent to voicemail. This could all be done silently and in the background, too, so that the person being called isn't disturbed in any way.

Any thoughts?

Upvote 0
Mr Number has been the only app I've ever tried, and it's been working great since install more than a year ago. The fact that it has a SELECT pick up and hang up feature AND send to voice-mail as separate options for designated numbers (this was a recent update a few months ago) was everything I could ask for. Turn Block Call Notifications OFF and it's like the person isn't even there...but you still get to enjoy the fact that the phone picks up and hangs up on the person.

Upvote 0
1)***** On your Android phone, navigate into the Settings application.
2)***** In the Settings Screen just opened, select the Call Settings option.
3)***** In the Call Settings screen just opened, select All calls.
4)***** Now, select the second option in the All Calls screen that says Auto reject.
5)***** Now, in the Auto reject screen just opened, select the option Enable auto reject.
6)***** Now, while in the same screen, select the Auto reject list option.
7)***** Now, in the Auto reject list just opened, tap on the Menu button and then click on Create from the popup menu thus revealed.
*8)***** Now, if you know the phone number which you want to block, then directly enter that number in the space provided and tap on the Save button.
9)***** If you want to block a phone number which is saved in your contacts list or Logs list, then click on the Search button, choose Contacts or Logs and then choose the number which you want to block. Tap on the Save button once finished.

Upvote 0
1)***** On your Android phone, navigate into the Settings application.
2)***** In the Settings Screen just opened, select the Call Settings option.
3)***** In the Call Settings screen just opened, select All calls.
4)***** Now, select the second option in the All Calls screen that says Auto reject.
5)***** Now, in the Auto reject screen just opened, select the option Enable auto reject.
6)***** Now, while in the same screen, select the Auto reject list option.
7)***** Now, in the Auto reject list just opened, tap on the Menu button and then click on Create from the popup menu thus revealed.
*8)***** Now, if you know the phone number which you want to block, then directly enter that number in the space provided and tap on the Save button.
9)***** If you want to block a phone number which is saved in your contacts list or Logs list, then click on the Search button, choose Contacts or Logs and then choose the number which you want to block. Tap on the Save button once finished.

There is no "All Calls" in the "Call Settings"

Upvote 0
Upvote 0
Hi,

I've tried all apps mentioned above and with all of them you will still have a blocked call/SMS log inside the app.
I don't want to know if the stalker called me again (I know just don't look at the logs will help, but I know I will check every now and then).

Any call/SMS blocker apps which don't keep logs, and where you will get no notification at all?

tnx

Upvote 0
Hi,

I've tried all apps mentioned above and with all of them you will still have a blocked call/SMS log inside the app.
I don't want to know if the stalker called me again (I know just don't look at the logs will help, but I know I will check every now and then).

Any call/SMS blocker apps which don't keep logs, and where you will get no notification at all?

tnx

https://market.android.com/details?id=embware.phoneblocker

Upvote 0
HI barqw,
I am new to Android, am doing R&D on "HOW TO BLOCK INCOMING CALL FOR SOME SPECIFIED NUMBERS" but unable to find it.could you please tell me technique,how to block the incoming call for some specified numbers.

Thanks&Regards,
Poorna Chandra.
Try Embware call blocker. It can be found in Google Play Store and free of charge. Works well for me.

Upvote 0
I like to have a call blocker on system level, it means the caller should not get any kind of notice like busy tone or something like that. Simply they cant able to reach me without any kind of notification. Just simple if they try calling me they should not get any idea like we are using some call blocker or something like that rather than that they must feel that our number is not in use or dead likewise. If any one knows such application please let me know. Thanks

Regards
Robert

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones