Block Internet on Coolpad Quattro?Support

Last Updated:

1. BratsSweetiePi

BratsSweetiePi New Member

So we got our daughter a Coolpad Quattro with MetroPCS. I am looking to find out how we can block internet/apps. Metro says we can't do it through them since the phone is a 4G phone... so I'm thinking there has to be an app for it but I can't find one.

Any suggestions that do NOT include rooting the phone would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks!

Advertisement
  2. argedion

argedion The TechnoFrog VIP Member

Dumb question but if you didn't want her on the internet why get her a pad? You can turn data off but just as easily you turn it off she can turn it back on. As far as an app I'm not aware of anything. Maybe someone else knows of something but going into settings and turning off data is the only thing I know.
  3. breadnatty08

breadnatty08 pain rustique VIP Member

I imagine some sort of tracking app can do it remotely. I believe Cerberus can do it but not sure with tablets.
    Whatever app you go with, I'd be sure to discuss with her what you're doing. :)
  4. LilBit

LilBit Well-Known Member Contributor

I used to patrol this forum, The coolpad is a phone, so maybe someone has an idea about an app for that? Otherwise, I agree with the others, settings/more/mobile networks/data enabled.
    Uncheck data enabled.

I dont know how old she is, but getting back to the screen to turn data back on wont be that easy.
  5. mikedt

mikedt 你好 Guide

Can you get Metro to turn off the data plan? That way the phone will still do calls and SMS, but there won't be any internet. However she'll still be able to get on-line via WiFi.
    LilBit likes this.
  6. shelliewnj

shelliewnj Well-Known Member

Another option is kidsplace. Its an app where you choose what they can see and do. If you dont choose internet or play store, she cant get to them. She would need your password to get out of child safe mode. I use it with my kids
    argedion and mikedt like this.
  7. scary alien

scary alien not really so scary Moderator

Hey guys, I've moved you all from the Android Lounge over here to the Coolpad Quattro area.

Cheers and welcome to the AndroidForums, BratsSweetiePi.

:)
    argedion likes this.
  8. Kaiser17

Kaiser17 Well-Known Member

Why would you get her a smarthphone, pay either $40 or above since its 4G and then try a way to turn the internet off? Get a feature phone and get the $25 plan that way you wont have to worry about her using the internet, and you save money.
  9. mikedt

mikedt 你好 Guide

Depending on where you are, it can actually be rather difficult to find an old fashioned dumb candy-bar now. They're going away very rapidly. Budget phones that are available tend to have larger screens and are fully internet enabled, and they usually have Android. These are the new "feature-phones". But if getting it without a data plan, it will be OK.

Here in China, the new basic feature-phone or dumb-phone is all but extinct. What's available is Android, and really only exception to that is Apple's iPhone. And as most phones come from China, I wouldn't expect it too be much different elsewhere. Basically manufacturers such as Coolpad, are no longer making feature-phones or dumb-phones.
  10. dadcup

dadcup Well-Known Member

Get firewall app that work
    Now the you guys have root you can get droidwall app that block app