Block numbers....

Last Updated:

1. markasherman

markasherman Member This Topic's Starter

Greetings all...

I am getting a call from an 801 number non-stop, five times today, for example. It is so annoying and when I pick it up, there is nothing or nobody there (I answered it only once).

Is there a way to block this number from calling me? Or to get it to go directly to voice mail?

Thanks.

PS... Using a MyTouch 3G Slide

Advertisement
  2. rleal2010

rleal2010 Well-Known Member

well from what I know, i think there are two ways.

Either use google voice, which will give you a different number called your google number, and you can block calls and use their voicemail,

Or you can try searching the market for a call block app.

3. eye4863

eye4863 Active Member

I got this.... Save the number in question to your contacts of course then go to your contacts select either edit or menu and check the box that says send directly to voicemail....

4. mwl1119

mwl1119 Well-Known Member

That is what I do

5. mangla

mangla Member

For those of you using android 2.1 (others may work I just happen to have this version on my Samsung Captivate) go to settings -> call settings -> all calls -> auto reject. Enable auto reject then click auto reject list. Here you can enter the number manually by going to the menu or you can select from contacts or call log. Enjoy the silence http://androidforums.com/images/icons/droids/tongue.gif

sixtythree likes this.
  6. Dan-droid

Dan-droid Well-Known Member

I created a contact and labeled it 'Junk Calls', and whenever I get an unwanted call, I add the number to that contact, then I set all calls from this contact to go directly to VM. This way if I accidentally block a potentially important number, I'll get a VM and can remove that number from the list. It's worked like a dream for me!

7. Tangent

Tangent Well-Known Member

Have you tried Googling the number or even calling the number back and finding out who they are?