• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help block outgoing calls/sms

oseame

Lurker
Nov 10, 2009
Hi All,

we've a t-mobile g1 (in the UK) which is shared for business use running 1.6. for legal/tax reasons, the phone is for work email only, and should not be used to send sms messages or make phonecalls - so far the 'trust' policy hasn't worked out too well. Is there any way I can either block outgoing (or all) sms and calls, or at least make it too hard for a non-tech-savvy person to figure out, while leaving data connections active for activesync email access?

I don't want to root the phone as it's business use...

many thanks in advance!

Have you asked your service provider for call blocking?

Thanks for the response!
I think I asked them whether they could block sms' when we got the G1 and they replied a negative... don't quote me on that though!
I'd rather manage myself if possible as I can see minds being changed as soon as it's set up and I don't want to have to phone them up a week later to cancel what we've just set up! ^.^

Upvote 0
Hi,

You can use Sigmacel's app Actions (https://market.android.com/details?id=com.sigmacel.actionsworksfree)

You can create a profile to block all outoging calls.
Blocking incoming call is bit tricky as Android does not allow ending calls anymore from gingerbread onward but is possible on any version prior to gingerbread (v2.3)

To block sms you can block the sms application so that user would not be able to use the app.....

There is lot more one can do to control the entire device using.

If its for enterprise we can support bulk configuration and updates to app

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones