Block Unwanted Texts

1. yeahbuddie

yeahbuddie New Member

Hello, I want an app that really blocks incoming texts from people you dont want to talk to. I have tried Handcent and Super Private Conversation (SPC). They have both let me down and I have recieved texts from people I have "Blacklisted". I am just wondering if someone could point me in the direction of a good app. Also, I cannot change my VZW settings because this is a work phone and I cant access the info. I would like an app that not only blocks the text, but doesnt tell me about it either. I dont care what these people have to say.

Thanks

Advertisement
  2. barqers

barqers Well-Known Member

I've got two setups on my phone:

1) using GO SMS I can blacklist a contact, however, I found that this does NOT delete the text. Although there is apparently an option for this.

2) using tasker if I get an incoming text message from so and so I can have it delete that text.
  3. landovr

landovr Well-Known Member

4. VZW_CS

VZW_CS Active Member

Hello,

Though you asked for an application that blocks incoming text from certain numbers, I would like to provide you with some features offered by Verizon Wireless.

Verizon Wireless offers a call-blocking feature that is included with your calling plan called Call and Message Blocking. This feature allows customers to block up to five ten-digit numbers (per wireless number on the account) from calling or messaging them. Call and Message Blocking does not block calls from unknown or restricted numbers or messages sent from an e-mail address. The block will remain active for 90 days. Once it expires you will need to request to have the block reinstated.

Call and Message Blocking can be added/removed online by signing in to My Verizon using your Account Owner user ID and password and doing the following:

1. Click on