Blockbuster.apk

Last Updated:

1. PurePursuit

PurePursuit Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Is the blockbuster that comes stock on the X the same as the one in the market? Would simply downloading and installing it from the market act as if it was there originally and allow us to update if blockbuster was the hang up? Also, for those of us who have rooted and removed some bloatware, will you be putting everything back and unrooting in preparation for froyo when your phone promts you for the update?

Advertisement
  2. SacNutz

SacNutz Well-Known Member

Not sure if it would be the same thing. I've already put everything back on in preparation for froyo. I'm still rooted... but I just got very worried with all the problems everyone was having while removing apps.

3. itsTee

itsTee Well-Known Member

it should "brick" your phone if you update to froyo without blockbuster apps and all the other apps you don't need like city id. as long as you didn't remove the important system apps that need to be there then you should be fine..

no i'm not putting all the useless apps that were pre-installed in the phone back on.. just ognna probably unroot then update to froyo as is.

4. humungus

humungus Well-Known Member

The Blockbuster that came with the app is 0.9.99 and the one in the market is 1.0.45, so, no, they're not the same. If you've uninstalled the 0.9.00 version and just download the 1.0.45 version from the market, then it won't get installed in /system/app and thus won't be recognized as a system app. One person has reported than Blockbuster was required for them to get the .604 update, but it's unclear whether Blockbuster must be installed as a system app. No one really knows what will and won't be required for the next OTA. I reinstalled the original Blockbuster.apk (see this thread) and haven't updated because I don't use the program at all. I imagine installing the original .apk and then updating through the market would be the best bet.

omnipanzer likes this.
  5. ckochinsky125

ckochinsky125 Banned

I agree im not going to reinstall the apps which arent needed i left on the ones that need to be on but im sure froyo wont brick your phone if you dont have blockbuster on it because froyo doesnt really have anything to do with that

6. PurePursuit

PurePursuit Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

I put the original blockbuster.apk back (.9) and set the permissions correctly. The program still will not run correctly, but some users have reported it never opening up correctly (even if they never removed it). Hopefully that will suffice for any and all updates coming.

7. humungus

humungus Well-Known Member

In the Unrooting thread on DroidXForums someone reported not being able to get the .604 update without Blockbuster installed. It didn't brick their phone, it just wouldn't let them update.

8. omnipanzer

omnipanzer Member

True Froyo doesn't have anything to do with the Blockbuster app but the "Verizon/Motorola Froyo" probably will.