Blockbuster App Refuses to Leave

Last Updated:

1. antnyh

antnyh Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

OK, heres the dealio. I have used root explorer to rename numerous .apk's to .bak's. All have nicely removed themselves from my app drawer...except for blockbuster. Anyone else with this issue or know how to resolve it. it is just sitting there smiling at me and it is useless now. If I tap to open it say it can't...no duh DX...I just renamed it...so why are you still here?? I have also already done a battery pull.
    :)

Advertisement
  2. HalfFrozen

HalfFrozen Well-Known Member

Use titanium backup...

Got rid of mine..

Edit: tried delteing it with my RE and it worked..

What I did- Opened RE > went to /system/app > mounted as R/W > found the blockbuster.apk and long pressed and deleted.

3. Airmaxx23

Airmaxx23 Well-Known Member

Rename the app back to .apk any try to clear the data and cache, then rename it to .bak.

4. mezdup

mezdup Well-Known Member

reboot

5. antnyh

I have got to ask this because I knew someone was going to say "reboot." Do you guys not consider a battery pull as a reboot? I mean it is like calling my IT department...sir I need you to reboot your computer...OK, now unplug it....OK, know disconnect the network cable... :) I will change back to .apk when I get home and clear data and cache and see if that works. @Half Frozen, I don't want to delete just change to .bak. I don't want to have to worry about reinstalling them for future updates.

6. mtneer25911

mtneer25911 Active Member

antnyh, make sure you uninstall any updates you may have applied from the market before changing it to .bak, I had the same issue getting rid of the My Verizon app.

7. sic0048

sic0048 Well-Known Member

Yes, if you pull the battery and then put it back it, the phone will go through a full reboot when you turn it back on.

That being said, it is easier to turn the phone off using the power button, or by entering the command REBOOT in a terminal emulator (assuming you have root).

8. antnyh

Thanks for the replies everyone. I changed it back to .apk and then I had two icons in the drawer. Went into my running applications and force closed it. Went back to root explorer and changed back to .bak. Now they are both gone. Don't know what was going on, but it has seemed to resolve itself. :)

9. mezdup

mezdup Well-Known Member

my bad. missed that last line in your original post. not sure why you'd do a battery pull over just powering down and powering back up though.

10. antnyh

Well I guess it is just old school. Like in my post, we always had to power down and unplug our PC's to let the capacitors drain...I guess that has just stuck in my head and I feel better doing it... :)