Blockbuster to tvSupport

Last Updated:

1. jgreen0227

jgreen0227 Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Ok, so how do you play downloaded Blockbuster movies to your tv. I bought the HDMI cable, but it won't see the movie when I go into the BB app to play it. I even tried moving it out of the BB folder to the video folder and that doesn't work either.

Advertisement
  2. OrderFromChaos

OrderFromChaos Well-Known Member

The stock Gallery enables the HDMI port. Anything you want outputted to the TV has to be opened using the Gallery. When it's displayed on the TV (doesn't matter if its pics or movies) you should see five (?) buttons on your DX (cannot watch on both, DX and TV) to control what you're viewing.

3. Paycer

Paycer Well-Known Member

The DX is currently limited to playing non-DRM protected content from your stock media gallery. You can play regular media that you added onto your SD card from your computer, or videos you recorded with the X's camera, but you cannot use Blockbuster movies, movies in other players, etc. Hopefully someone will make a simple hack at some point that allows us to use HDMI-out at any time, but currently we cannot.

4. drybin

drybin Well-Known Member

there is an official thread here somewhere about a dev working on an app that exports anything you see on the dx to hdmi capable tv. Droid X Does HDMI <Yep, I am the Man> here is the link in another site's forums. soon to be released, but idk about the blockbuster app, we'll see i guess :D

5. blgoldberg

blgoldberg New Member

I purchased the HDMI cable and downloaded a Blockbuster on Demand movie to my Droid X. HDMI cable is connected to Input 4 on TV and to phone. Movie plays on phone but can't get it to play on TV. Any suggestions?

6. mruno

mruno Well-Known Member