Blockbuster VideoSupport

Last Updated:

1. Opforgunner

Opforgunner New Member This Topic's Starter

So I did a factory data reset on my DX and after that Blockbuster will not run. Now dont get me wrong its not that I want it, But if its there it should run.

Advertisement
  2. PurePursuit

PurePursuit Well-Known Member

Mine won't run either, just a black screen. Want to fix this in preparation for froyo update (even if its months away)

3. NoShineMM

NoShineMM Well-Known Member

Mine is black as well. has never worked for me.

4. jnoone

jnoone Well-Known Member

go to the market and download the blockbuster app. it will replace the one that is on your phone now and it will work.

5. chrlswltrs

chrlswltrs Well-Known Member

That's what i did and it worked just fine. Rented a movie and watched it and i have to say the screen is really nice for movie, would have been perfect if the speaker was a little louder since i forgot my headphones, but overall i really like the blockbuster app

6. PurePursuit

PurePursuit Well-Known Member

Yes but it won't be located in my system/app directory and will not be what is checked during a update. I want it to work in system/app/ I may download it from the market and copy it over to that directory.

7. blondiefk

blondiefk Member

Is blockbuster only available for Droid X? Is there going to be a version for evo?

8. bennec

bennec Well-Known Member

I started watching my first movie from Blockbuster on my DX last night and just stopped after 10 minutes. It's useless. I can barely hear it. I just placed a call to Motorola to ask if this volume problem was going to be resolved. They said someone would call me back in 2-3 hours.

I love my DX. But I'm just not going to live with this volume problem. This was supposed to be a phone touted as "entertainment in your hands". WHAT? You can't even hear your phone ringing in your pocket, your notifications, and now the movies you choose to watch are hardly audible when turned up to the maximum.

I simply need to know if this is a software or hardware issue. I know my phone is fine. There is no need to return the phone and expect the next one will be any louder. If it is a hardware problem that can't be resolved, then I need to know from Moto. I'll then have a tough decision to make about possibly returning this phone to get my money back.

I simply can't believe they released these phones with such a crappy volume level.

curtisdr likes this.
  9. curtisdr

curtisdr Well-Known Member

I'm in a similar situation. I don't want to rely on a fix that may or may not be coming or even be possible.

I know a guy who works for Moto in the cell area. I'm not sure if I could get a straight answer from him or not.