Support Blocked web site

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by brad5555, Feb 4, 2013.

1. brad5555

brad5555 New Member

Feb 4, 2013
    There is a web address that I accessed for months, which is now "unavailable" on my Virginmobile HTC Evo V, using 3G.
    On my At&T DSL computer, it is always available, no problem. (No typos, and no adblocking that I know of). Web address source is Centurylink DSL.
    Is there a list of blocked Virginmobile web addresses?
    Thanks

Advertisement
  2. thIsgUy20

thIsgUy20 Well-Known Member

Nov 27, 2012
    Male
    Shreveport, LA
    i havent ran into any blocked websites. did you try going to it in incognito mode

3. ochenta

ochenta Well-Known Member

Oct 5, 2012
    I've never had this happen nor ever heard of it happening to anyone else. Are you sure you weren't actually connected to a wifi connection that blocks certain sites?

4. brad5555

brad5555 New Member

Feb 4, 2013
    Hello - back again....the IP address that I can no longer access is my own, and I could view my surveillance cameras on it. I can still view the backyard, no problem, but front yard is now impossible to view on my phone....BUT, if I go through a proxy site, such as anonymouse, I can view the front yard no problem, very quickly. Weird.
    And on my AT&T DSL, both front yard and back yard are directly viewable.
    (I don't know anything about incognito mode...will check). Thanks

5. brad5555

brad5555 New Member

Feb 4, 2013
    Forgot to mention - wifi was not used. wifi has always been Off.

6. lEquin0xl

lEquin0xl Well-Known Member

Sep 27, 2012
    Male
    That's very weird, could it possibly he a app? What browser are you using on your phone?

7. Austrie

Austrie Well-Known Member

Jan 16, 2011
    Male
    St.Thomas, US Virgin Islands
    Get a file manager, preferably ES File Manager, and delete the file "Hosts" in "/etc" or "/system/etc" then reboot. Though you might need to move a blank file into the old spot where the original file was and rename the blank file as "Hosts".

Tags: