blocking a contacts number and text messagesSupport

1. 118XFG

118XFG Member

I have read that you can block one of your contacts numbers , and when they call you it goes straight to your voice mail, but does it also block there text messages aswell if they try , thanks for any help in advance
    htc evo 3d .

Advertisement
  2. chrlswltrs

chrlswltrs Well-Known Member

it does not block their text but you do have some options. I use Google voice so any number I want to block I just mark it as spam then I don't get any more calls text or voicemail from that number. If you don't want to do that if you are rooted you can use "root call blocker" to block calls and text. The last option would be to use an app like GoSMS for texting which does have some filtering options.
    Dooderino and 118XFG like this.
  3. dgrobe2112

dgrobe2112 Well-Known Member Contributor

if you use handcent.. you can blacklist a number.. and it wont show..
  4. jerofld

jerofld Fixing stuff is not easy VIP Member

It should block the SMS from the number, as well, once you block their contact in the People app.
  5. Lozer_Kid

Lozer_Kid Well-Known Member

You can block phone calls with the feature that comes with the phone itself and for text messages, you can use Go SMS Pro to blacklist a number or to put it in private mode. As for a paid app, I would recommend Profile Call Blocker, it's pretty good and has different ways to block calls and text messages.