• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Blocking ads in musixmatch

archz2

May 29, 2012
My phone is rooted.

I have installed adaway application to block ads. It works well for all apps but doesn't block ads in musixmatch.

I tried adblocker app and adfree too but they didn't block ads in musixmatch either.

I tried blocking ads in my device using lucky patcher but that also couldn't stop ads in musixmatch.

I tried patching musixmatch using lucky patcher and got 13% success rate. Still stuck with the problem..

What should I do?

I tried patching musixmatch using lucky patcher and got 13% success rate.
Just FYI, we generally try to avoid discussing the use of Lucky Patcher to deprive developers of compensation for their apps. :thumbsupdroid:

As for why various adblockers don't work, it's quite possible that the advertising interface is integrated into the app rather than establishing a separate connection which could be blocked.

I like @Dannydet's suggestion. :)

Upvote 0
I beta test this app. Premium version is not available yet. If you are rooted, install the Xposed Framework and the app MinMin Guard. Honestly the best app ever for ads. I have told the Musixmatch developer forever that I would pay for a premium version. He is working on it (something about the payment methods...) However, it will be a monthly or yearly fee, and depending on price, it may not be worth it. Many people agree with me....

Try MinMin Guard.

Reactions: mefistoreyon
Upvote 0
Frankly I thought Yahoo discontinued Musicmatch years ago. Is it still around?

You're right. Yahoo acquired MusicMatch about 12 years ago and then preceded to put out one version which was awful and after that they killed it off. It was a true shame because MM was the best music library manager in the early Aughts.

I'm pretty sure this Musixmatch is from an unrelated developer.

Reactions: sherri and archz2
Upvote 0
I beta test, so premium version isn't available. The ads are incredibly annoying, but MinMin Guard takes care of it. At the beta testers site, most complain about the adds, and have asked for a premium version. Developers are in Italy, so he says he has introduced a premium version. I can't find it, but I know it is a monthly or yearly fee.... It actually opened once as a choice on my phone, when I tapped "save lyrics for offline". I got a message that this was a premium feature, do I want to upgrade. I tapped "yes", got prices, but nothing happened when I tried to update.

Curious as to where anyone found it, and if it's working...

Reactions: mefistoreyon
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones