• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Blocking incoming texts?

varaonaid

Android Enthusiast
Sep 4, 2009
VT!
Hello,

I'm wondering if it's possible to block my phone from receiving incoming texts through VZW. I'm using GV for texting and want to completely drop my texting plan but also don't want to get hit with loads of texts coming to the wrong number. Is there just a way to prevent incoming texts altogether?

Obviously, I plan to send out a couple of "notices" of the change of number BUT you know how some people are...they just won't change the number and forget by the next time they try to text me...LOL (well sort of!) I don't want to pay per text. That could get expensive FAST!

Hello,

I'm wondering if it's possible to block my phone from receiving incoming texts through VZW. I'm using GV for texting and want to completely drop my texting plan but also don't want to get hit with loads of texts coming to the wrong number. Is there just a way to prevent incoming texts altogether?

Obviously, I plan to send out a couple of "notices" of the change of number BUT you know how some people are...they just won't change the number and forget by the next time they try to text me...LOL (well sort of!) I don't want to pay per text. That could get expensive FAST!

Next time, please use the verizon thread, i mean forum, there's too many topics unrelated to HTC Incredible. This should be moved.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones