1. Introducing Channels - a new way to chat with other Android users!
    Dismiss Notice

Bloo 1.5 W/ Facebook Chat

Last Updated:

1. aalopez10

aalopez10 Member This Topic's Starter

i just want to start off by saying that "Bloo" is one of the best app for facebook out there. the developer had decide to either let bloo die or make it open source.

please respect hes work and show support if you want "bloo" to survive.
    visit hes website "fbandroid.wordpress.com" or on the market. and let him know how you feel.

By the way he has release a "Preview" of the new Bloo 1.5 With Facebook Chat. (REMEMBER IS NOT THE OFFICIAL RELEASE) everything seems to be working fine for me. but there should be some bugs.

****The only way to download this app is either by downloading "ASTRO" on the market. and download it straight from your SD Card****

**BEFORE YOU INSTALL THE NEW VERSION, PLEASE UN-INSTALL WHATEVER BLOO VERSION FROM YOUR PHONE FIRST**

Attached Files:

Advertisement
    mmayk and williestylez like this.
  2. cashconway

cashconway New Member

It won't download on my moment

3. rmadler

rmadler Active Member

How do you chat using Bloo 1.5? I installed the app but I do not see a way to select chat.

4. aalopez10

aalopez10 Member This Topic's Starter

Make sure you have the "BLOO 1.5 apk install" as i included in the first post.

when you open "Bloo" it will load wait about less than a minute or couple of seconds and you going to see a "Blue icon on top of your notification on top"
    click on it and you will see it will open a whole different part of bloo which is chat and you will start seeing your friends online.

***if you dont see the icon on top of your bar, open "bloo" app and open PREFERENCE and make you where it is says ""CHAT OPTIONS" the box is "check with a arrow" because if its not the chat wont turn on.

enjoy and remember that the chat option is not built in when you open the bloo app on the menu, it opens a icon on top of your notification.

5. MisterMixelpix

MisterMixelpix Well-Known Member

Make a widget and I'm sold.

6. IOWA

IOWA Mr. Logic Pants Moderator

nimbuzz is better.

it has skype/myspace/facebook/aim/yahoo/msn/icq/gtalk and several others all in one solution. you can use it to fileshare, make phone calls, all kinds of stuff.

7. Saheel

Saheel New Member

I tried downloading it in from sd card using astro, but it gave me error saying tht can't open bloo apk file!
    Please help!

8. MisterMixelpix

MisterMixelpix Well-Known Member

Nimbuzz also rapes my battery like Ben Roethlisberger in a college bar.

vnswift, RaivoNaama and atex03 like this.
  9. dnj96

dnj96 New Member

works well on my HTC Dream..thanks for the download

10. qwho

qwho Well-Known Member

I'm from Pittsburgh and I'm cracking up over here. :D

11. m165

m165 Well-Known Member

I like Bloo. The notifications tend to work really well! I use Facebook's texting services to receive notifications on things, but might turn some of them off now. Sometimes they come through up to a couple of hours late anyways.

As for the chat, I just use eBuddy, as I have some friends still on MSN.

12. lanceuppercut

lanceuppercut Member

bloo notifications seem pretty random to me, i've gotten 2 more than the official app has given me, which is 1 btw. in bloo, i got notification about someone posting on my wall and liking a post but i've had more than 3 since joining fb! i just dont get it, the notification service is active and the application is open and i switch away and confirm that bloo itself is running in the background all the time with no task killers running at all.

13. TraceyD

TraceyD New Member

When I try to download 1.5 it tells me it is not supported on my phone. Any suggestions?

14. williestylez

williestylez New Member

I love this app! It still has its bugs, but thats ok, it is right up there (and kinda better) than the official app! If I was a programmer, I would definitely take over and get it finished, it is SO CLOSE!

15. williestylez

williestylez New Member

You should use your PC to download and put the file on your SD Card. I use Astro, touch the file, then choose Open in App Manager.

DreamPCs likes this.
  16. mcatdtDROID

mcatdtDROID Banned

gonna try it out

17. thejazz008

thejazz008 New Member

it works on my phone (Motorola CLIQ). thanks for this goody!

18. brownhornet

brownhornet Well-Known Member

bloo is better than nimbuzz because all nimbuzz is good for is the chat part.. bloo gives the full facebook experience with notifications just like the iphone app and it lets you set the intervals at which you receive notifications.

19. djhollandsr

djhollandsr New Member

I had it running on my moment and loved it. Had to reset my phone and lost bloo. Now I can't download it (message says not supported on this phone) and I can't remember how I got it before. Any suggestions/help?

20. Bswartz95

Bswartz95 Well-Known Member

I just stumbled upon this "newer" version of Bloo. I must say that it is far superior to earlier versions I've tried a few months ago. I'm anxious to see how the notifications work. I would love to be able disable email notifications from Facebook and keep everything in-app. It was simple logging in with that 6 digit code.

Any trick to getting the albums & events to sync, or is that a bug?

edit:

I've found that I like browsing through the official Facebook app better than Bloo, but I really like keeping Bloo in the background for the notifications. Using both apps together works really well. Hopefully, one of these days the FB app will integrate the notifications.

21. fahadchaudhry

fahadchaudhry Well-Known Member

Well, I have downloaded it but now 'm stuck with the "6 digit key", every time I click on "get one", an error message is shown on facebook page. Any guess, how to get that 6 digit key?

22. DreamPCs

DreamPCs Member

I had the exact same error, tried it this way (already had Astro installed, awesome app) and it worked like a charm, thanks!

23. yungjopp

yungjopp New Member

i did it the astro way and im still asked for a 6 digit code.

24. kabrio

kabrio New Member

seems like there's no pic uploading for status update with this version...only video and link besides the regular text only update. does this mean that it's not suitable for low-res device? (currently using htc wildfire with 2.1) any workaround for this?

25. htcdesire_3

htcdesire_3 Member

You must first ALLOW the app in FB and then Generate the code. Open your cell phone browser, log into your facebook account, in the search box type in 'bloo for Android' (make sure you click on the app and not the group) once there click on 'bloo'. It should the give you a description of the app and ask you if you would like to 'allow' click allow. You should then be able to generate a code. Enjoy.