• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Bloomberg and Manino to run Super Bowl ad

SamuraiBigEd

Under paid Sasquatch!
Nov 8, 2009
San Antonio, Texas
Mayors Bloomberg and Menino in conjunction with Bloomberg's Mayors Against Illegal Guns are apparently running a Super Bowl ad during the half-time show promoting stricter gun control laws.

What I am wondering is where is this money coming from? Are they spending their constituents tax dollars on this? Does M.A.I.G. have some supporters with pockets deep enough, if so they could pose a real threat because as we have seen all to often in the past the group with the deepest pockets gets the most favor in the government.

I don't believe for a second the ad will change the mind of any 2nd amendment supporters or even moderately intelligent people but it could swing more impressionable voters depending on the tactics they use in the ad.

I am positive they will use bogus statistics and shock tactics to bring their point across, this is their modus operandi just like any good little soldier in the "anti-gun" camp.

I am torn between wanting to turn it off completely and watching to be educated against what they are trying to do. I only watch the Super Bowl for the commercials anyway since I lost all faith in professional sports.

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones