Blu-Rays

Last Updated:

1. Vihzel

Vihzel Destroying Balls Everyday VIP Member This Topic's Starter

Anyone else currently building their blu-ray collection or have been building one for a while now?

Advertisement
  2. Dark Jedi

Dark Jedi Guest

I have a couple. Mostly cartoon movies for the kid.

3. NightAngel79

NightAngel79 Bounty Hunter Administrator Moderator

Um, :eek: i am getting a blu-ray burner :)

4. Vihzel

Vihzel Destroying Balls Everyday VIP Member This Topic's Starter

After yesterday, I have finally completed my collection (for now) at exactly 60 movies. They're pretty in blue. :) Loved Black Friday deals since the vast majority of blu rays were on major sale.

5. dan330

dan330 Well-Known Member

i never really get the idea of collecting movies... i watch it and i am done with it. if it is a great movie, i might want to watch it 3 times; that is very few. and that it is fine to wait till it comes on regular TV to watch it again.

6. JohnLaird

JohnLaird Well-Known Member

All I've got in blu-ray is 300 and the second season of Darker than Black. Most of my anime collection is in DVD format and I don't see them converting anything but the newer/more popular stuff into blu-ray format. Which sucks. It's a lot more convenient to watch anime in blu-ray because you don't have to change disks nearly as often. :(

7. TxGoat

TxGoat Guest

I had over 130 DVD movies and then they went to bluray/DVD HD. I'm a little sheepish about building up a Bluray collection (especially one as extensive as my DVD collection). I remember when people had a big VHS collection and then decided to sell them to a video store. The store was offering them .25 for most of their movies....

8. weiss27md

weiss27md Well-Known Member

I have about 30 or 40 ones. I now just get the ones on sale, usually $15 or less.

9. TxGoat

TxGoat Guest

10. TxGoat

TxGoat Guest

NightAngel79 likes this.
  11. Adauth

Adauth Well-Known Member

I have about 30 of them, but I only buy ones I know I will watch more than once.

12. tacticool777

tacticool777 Active Member

I feel the same exact way, except for a few movies I love. I guess some people love more than a few movies.

13. 9to5cynic

9to5cynic Well-Known Member

I can count my blu-rays on one hand,but I just ordered a new one from amazon, too bad shipping was so much ... ;)

14. TxGoat

TxGoat Guest

Amazon's having a sale if anyone wants to add onto their collection.

15. TxGoat

TxGoat Guest

16. breadnatty08

breadnatty08 pain rustique VIP Member

Damn, missed out on the Back to the Future sale, it's back up to $47 now.
    I'll check out the others. Thanks.

17. TxGoat

TxGoat Guest

18. Bob Blaylock

Bob Blaylock Well-Known Member

I've been collecting DVDs for many years. Only recently, did my wife and I get a Blu-ray player, along with a suitably modern flat-panel 3D TV.

So far, I've not been that impressed with Blu-ray in general. To me, the picture quality isn't that much better than DVD, and I find the menu systems to be considerably less consistent or logical.

We're mostly buying new movies in Blu-ray rather than DVD format, but I don't feel any great need to replace most of my existing DVDs with Blu-ray.

The one thing that is impressive is 3D. We've so far only got two 3D Blu-ray

19. Android26

Android26 Well-Known Member

I love the quality of Blu-ray so I definitely buy the movies I love when they're cheap.

Plus, the other day I saw that Target has a $5 blu-ray section now with a respectable variety of movies available.