• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Blu Studio XL 2 Battery Problem

Ryan120

Lurker
Jan 13, 2017
Hi! I have a big problem with my phone (Blu Studio XL 2) as it is NOT charging after I shut it off. However the weird thing is that it does charge if the phone is powered on. I know this is a rare problem but I tried factory reset but it didn't do much good. My phone manufactured by Blu. Model # Studio XL 2. Android version 6.0. I had attempted rooting but never rooted. So I guess it not rooted. Also this happened after I spilled some drinking water on the phone, I'm pretty sure that the problem. Any solutions? Suggestions welcome.

Last edited:
Hi! I have a big problem with my phone (Blu Studio XL 2) as it is NOT charging after I shut it off. However the weird thing is that it does charge if the phone is powered on. I know this is a rare problem but I tried factory reset and it didn't do much good. My phone manufactured by Blu. Model # Studio XL 2. Android version 6.0. I had attempted rooting but never rooted. So I guess it not rooted. Any solutions? Suggestions welcome.
If a phone doesn't charge when it has been powered off it likely to have a hardware problem, either the mainboard or battery. A device should always charge even if there is no OS installed.
If a phone doesn't charge when it has been powered off it likely to have a hardware problem, either the mainboard or battery. A device should always charge even if there is no OS installed.
And what do you recommend me to do?

Upvote 0
Do you think this can cause further problems? Or should I just use it until whatever happens? Apparently it just doesn't charges when it turned off. I think it because of the water but I don't know. It used to flash the small light on top indicating phone is charging and the battery icon usually appears.

Upvote 0
Do you think this can cause further problems? Or should I just use it until whatever happens? Apparently it just doesn't charges when it turned off. I think it because of the water but I don't know. It used to flash the small light on top indicating phone is charging and the battery icon usually appears.
If you suspect a water ingestion, run some heavy apps / games to make the phone run hot, it should fix potential moisture problem.

Upvote 0
Nothing really happened during the root. It was after I spilled water on it(slightly) while it was charging I quickly unplugged it and removed cover to dry the water. And when I replug it I found out nothing happened the light wasn't flashing and the battery icon didn't appear either but after holding down power button it boots up and I plug in again it worked while it on but not when I shut it off.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones