Blue-Green Hue of white makes browser difficult.

Last Updated:

1. floepie

floepie Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Jul 19, 2010
    One of the first things I've noticed about the Samsung (coming from the iphone) is how blue-greenish the background is within the browser. The difference is striking when the iphone is side to side with the Vibrant. It makes the reading mobile pages such as a whole lot more difficult, relatively speaking. Anyone else notice this?

I've also taken notice of this on a friend's Droid, although not as pronounced. Is this common to Android devices? I would think that the Vibrant screen could deliver a bright white with no color imbalances and should surpass the quality on the 3G(S) iphone.

2. iPenguin

iPenguin Well-Known Member

May 15, 2010
    My suggestion to you would be to go check out another Vibrant. AMOLED is known to have a pinkish-hue, and SAMOLED can have a grayish/bluish-hue. Not all devices simulate these tints, and if it is especially prominent, then I strongly recommend you try another phone.

No, this is not an "Android" thing. An operating system doesn't determine what colors a display puts out (at least not directly).