Blue "?" Image in GMailSupport

Last Updated:

1. russmd

russmd Member This Topic's Starter

Recently, it seems that more and more of my Gmails are showing up on the Droid with a blue box "?" in place of the images. Some image attachments work fine. The images are easily viewable in Gmail on the PC.

I DO NOT want this to become a "you should use another mail app" thread please. I would simply like to know if others are experiencing this in GMail and if there's any fix for it.

Thanks.

Advertisement
  2. Redflea

Redflea Well-Known Member

You will see those for embedded images, where the sender embeds the image in the email rather than using an HTML link to the image, or attaching it.

Limitation (and lame one at that) of the current version of Gmail on the phone...happens to me all the time when I get messages from friends using outlook, where they have embedded images in the message.

3. messenger13

messenger13 Well-Known Member

I dumped the GMail app and the other stock email app for K-9 Mail Beta. I'm not 100% sure it will solve this issue. But I can tell you that once you try that app, you will STOP using the two stock ones. No comparison!

4. SinfulDragon

SinfulDragon Well-Known Member

have this issue with every email from a tmobile phone, as stated before its that the image is embedded and currently the phone just can't figure it out.