1. In regards to recently combined carrier specific root forums, if your device forum was affected, please see this poll/thread!

blue tooth audio lagGeneral

1. 3djedi

3djedi Well-Known Member

When watching videos and playing the audio through bluetooth stereo I get 1/2-1 sec delay in audio. It's like watching a badly dubbed kung fu flick! Drives me crazy....This is on an HTC One X and I was thinking of trading it in for the S3. Have you S3 owners experienced the BT audio lag I'm talking about? I've read that this might be an Android 4.0 ICS issue but I'm not sure. I just switched over from iphone and never had this problem with ios.

Advertisement
  2. sorka

sorka Well-Known Member

Sure hope it doesn't occur with the S3. I use only hi quality A2DP stereo headphones for consuming all media on my DX. This would be a non starter deal killer for me. Basic stuff like this better work perfectly.
  3. 3djedi

3djedi Well-Known Member

Do you have the S3? could you try it for me? I use blue tooth stereo headset and car stereo. It does it on both.
  4. 3djedi

3djedi Well-Known Member

Ok, I was wrong.....I just tried netflix with my Motorola stereo bluetooth headphones and it was spot on. But it does lag on my car stereo. Any ideas what is why it does it there but not on the headphones? It didn't lag with my iphone 4.
  5. freebird2k

freebird2k New Member

I can confirm that the S3 has the same issue. There's almost a full second delay when watching youtube through my car's bluetooth.

On a different note, it seems there's no way to prevent videos or games sounds from goiing to bluetooth. For instance, I want to have bluetooth on so that when a call comes in it goes to my car's speakers but when playing a game I want to hear the sound locally.
    There is actually a media profile that can be disables in the phone's bluetooth settings but it does nothing, it enables itself again whenever there's media sound.