Blue tooth cuts in and out, please help?Support

1. bscott2231

bscott2231 New Member

I have tried to delete and reinstall blue tooth devices on Commando, but still cuts in and out. It seems like interference of some kind or poor communication of wireless headset to the phone.
    It will last for about a second then I can hear fine for about 2 or 3 seconds, then cut out for about a second, etc, etc, etc.
    Causing for ALOT of repeating! Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr !! :mad:
    I thought it was the brand new Jawbone so I exchanged it for another new one ( same model ).
    Performed the same way.
    Bought a BOSE Bluetooth headset, it functions the EXACT same way!
    I figure that it is NOT the Bluetooth devices, but the phone itself.:confused:

I did a topical search online and found that there were a couple others claiming the same problem, but there were no solutions listed.

Verizon has been no help, and I have found no good answers searching the internet.
    Well....... short of finding this forum! :D

I was hoping that someone here might have a solution as I need to use it according to recent laws mandating use of "hands-free device" ( or $1400 fine ! ).

Help please !?!?!?

Advertisement
  2. scary alien

scary alien not really so scary Moderator

Welcome to the AndroidForums, bscott2231.

Unfortunately, I don't have a solution for you (sorry :()...

Just for grins, have you tried disabling wi-fi (I have no idea if that would really help or not, I'm just brainstorming things you could try to change the environment to see if anything helps). Along the same line, does this happen when plugged-in via the USB cable? (again, try it with and without).

That's all I got, but I wanted to at least welcome you here at AF and here's to hoping someone will chime-in with a solution for you.

Cheers!
  3. bestaudioguy

bestaudioguy Well-Known Member

I was one of those that had the issue with the Bluetooth.
    I have not found a concrete solution, but did some testing to see where the problem might lie.

I have Bluetooth in 3 of my vehicles. The newest a 2012 Mazda will drop out just like your description. Our 2010 Mazda has issues only sometimes. It will work during one call, then an hour later, drop the call.
    The 3rd vehicle is my work van that I installed a Parrott Bluetooth device. That one works 90% of the time and connects well.

One thing I did try was to disable both 3G and WiFi and GPS and found it tends to stay connected longer.
    It might have something to do with available memory and when it tries to search for either 3G or WiFi signals it has to drop out the Bluetooth. Its just a maybe!
    scary alien likes this.
  4. bscott2231

bscott2231 New Member

Ok, I may be onto an answer .... Woooooooooooooo Hooooooooooo
    Read on if so inclined.

"bestaudioguy" ..... your scenerio sounds somewhat different than mine. In your scenerio you are using "in-car" bluetooth and it sounds as if your vehicle is actually "severing the connection" with your phone ( or vise versa ).
    In my scenerio I am using a "personal" wireless bluetooth placed in my ear ( Jawbone and BOSE ... both of which use hightech noise-canceling technology ... which BOSE claims to have ORIGINALLY designed for military use. BTW, Background NOISE CANCELLING works exceptionally well on both models !!! ) and the bluetooth and phone are NEVER more than 24" aparts while in use ( in my hand, lap, or in a coat pocket ). In my scenerio the connection IS NOT broken but just "cuts in and out". cutting out words, making it necessary to have to repeat parts of a conversation. Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrr
    That being said, I imagine the "cause" could be the same. Here's to hoping it is, because determing that would mean finding a solution!

Now, Both "scary alien" AND "bestaudioguy" ........... both of you suggested trying "to change the environment to see if anything helps" ( just in different ways and different wording ).

THrough the last few months of "dealing with this", I have done very little. Nothing to "change the envirement" on the phone itself. I DID however get TWO different "Jawbone" devices and even a BOSE device ........ eliminating the Bluetooth Ear Device itself as the problem source ( THREE different units doing the EXACT same thing ).

Because the first occurrance of my problem was about 3-4 ( ? ) months ago, I cannot be sure of this .......... but If memory serves me well, my problem developed around the time of a pushed through "Verizon Phone Update" ( NOT "application" updates, I DO NOT use "Automatic" app updates, I manually accept and load as needed ). Which came through about 4 weeks after I "paired" the first Jawbone device. This is when my problem started. There was a "Verizon" updated pushed through just a few weeks ago as well, with no change to my problem.
    The Jawbone worked flawlessly the first four weeks of use, but NONE of them have since ..............UNTIL NOW!!! Woooooooooooo Hooooooooooo

It has only been TWO days of "interference free", flawless, performance ...... but it has not that that since the "first 4 weeks" !!
    So I am hopefull to be onto somehting.

After reading your advice I decided to "change the envirement" on the phone itself ( we already proved it wasn't the bluetooth devices, THREE of them, same thing ).

First ......... I went into my "manage apps" and did a "clear data" on things that seemed affiliated with the bluetooth.

Bluetooth File Transfer
    Bluetooth Share

I also noticed some things "pushed through" on the last update. Such as

Social Beat
    PTT ( Push To Talk )
    TTS Service ( ??? ) I think that is it, but maybe another or two ( ??? )
    I also performed the "Clear Data" on these as well.

Then I brought up my Bluetooth Settings.
    I had THREE things "PAIRED" with my phone ........
    Jawbone Personal Bluetooth,
    BOSE Personal Bluetooth, and a
    BOSE SoundDock 10

I disconnected all three ( uninstalled ).
    I then rebooted the phone ( off-on ).
    Then I "connected and paired" ONLY the BOSE Personal Bluetooth.

I did this 2.5 days ago and there has been NO INTERFERENCE since ( knock-on-wood .... knock, knock, knock ).

I plan on running it with ONLY the BOSE Personal Bluetooth connected for a week or two. To see a continuation of the desired performance.
    After that ......... I will "Connect and Pair" the SounDock10 again and monitor for a week or two, looking for any kind of reoccurance. Hopefully, in this manner ( one thing at a time ), figuring out what the disturbance is.
    And maybe it never does it again, leading to only speculation. We will see, I will keep you posted, if you wish.

I DID NOT do anything with the WiFi, just what I mentioned above.

While neither of you said .... "here is the fault .... do this ... "
    You both influenced me to "change the environment".
    My thought process was not "interference" but that of a probable "hardware" problem. Therefore your advice was well deserved and well taken.
    I appreciate the response very much, it disrupted my line of thought ( clouded by frustration ) and cleared the way for a different thought process. Hopefully leading to the solution.
    After only 2.5 days, and no clear cause, I am not yet convinced that this is permanant. But I know we are on the correct path because it has not performed this well since the first 4 weeks.
    I am hopefull ! :D

I thank you both !!!!

Have a great Thanksgiving!
    I have ONE MORE thing to be VERY thankfull for!!

Again, I will let you know how things go over the next few weeks.
    I will be "Using" the bluetooth is various ways over the next couple of weeks looking for a change in the performance of the BOSE Personal Bluetooth. ONE THING AT A TIME, with time in between, trying to isolate what may have caused the problem in the first place.
    IF .... it never develops again ( again ... knock, knock, knock ), I will presume ( not ASSume ) that it may have been a "glitch" associated to the "Update".

We will see.

Wish me luck!!
    Again, have a GREAT Thanksgiving!!

THANX !!!!!!!!!
    scary alien likes this.
  5. bscott2231

bscott2231 New Member

PS ..... sorry that was SOOOOO LOOOOOOOONG ! :rolleyes:
  6. scary alien

scary alien not really so scary Moderator

LOL, no worries, Scott! :) :p

Glad you are hopefully onto a solution and I hope you have a great Thanksgiving, too! :)

Cheers!
  7. bestaudioguy

bestaudioguy Well-Known Member

No worries! You have me thinking that I also have too many devices stored on the phone for Bluetooth. I will try to remove all except the one I use frequently and see what happens.
    Different perspectives lead to different results!
    scary alien likes this.