Blue tooth headset problemSupport

Last Updated:

1. ShaneV

ShaneV Active Member This Topic's Starter

Is there a way to hard reset a blue tooth headset? Ive had this happen on 2 different blue tooth headsets:

Put headset in pairing mode
    Search on Evo for devices
    It finds the device but never asks for a PIN. - states paired but not connected.
    Headset LED goes away and now wont do anything, I cant turn it off, nothing responds, its like its stuck somewhere and wont accept control (or its completely dead)
    If I plug it in the charger the light comes on for a few minutes then goes away.

ANy ideas?

Advertisement
  2. ShaneV

It did this with 2 different headsets, both different brands, could the evo be hurting them some how?

3. wubbie075

wubbie075 Well-Known Member

On the Plantronics Backbeat, you can reset it by holding the power button as you plug the charging cord in. Dunno if that will work with other models.

4. RiverOfIce

RiverOfIce Banned

You need to click the paired but not connected area again. One more click and it will connect.

5. ShaneV

Tried to connect after, but its like its physically dead, cant power off or on the headset.

6. copperavery

copperavery Member

I've had a car adapter for awhile, that worked great with my Instinct. With the EVO, tho, even tho the adapter will pair and connect, it will not control the phone. To voice dial, i need to push a button on the phone. Even if I do, the adapter will not control the phone. With the Instinct, all I had to do was push the adapter button, the phone, thru the adapter speaker would ask for a voice command, and all would work, thru voice. Is there any way to make the EVO act the same way??? This is the only downer, I've seen so far...I really like this pocket computer - that makes phone calls!!