Blue Tooth Keyboard issueSupport

1. dc01bb

dc01bb New Member

Purchased a VSTN blue tooth keyboard for my Acer Iconia A1-810. It does work with the tablet sometimes, but nearly every time I want to use it, I have to un-pair it and re-pair it again. Can't find any support infromation for the keyboard. Don't believe it came with any documetnation. Amazon doesn't have any info on the manufacturer.

Wondering how to go about troubleshooting this. Not going to bang my head on the wall for this too long before I send it back and get a refund.

Can I get any info on the keyboard out of Android while it's paired? If so, how, because I haven't figured it out, and I've tried.

Anyone else have experience with this keyboard? Sold by Vostrostone on on Amazon as a VSTN case with blue tooth keyboard...

Advertisement
    :
  2. Rukbat

Rukbat Well-Known Member

Did you actually pair it? (How, if it didn't come with documentation? Is there a button labeled "Pairing"?) Bluetooth devices don't just pair by themselves, you have to set the keyboard up to pair, then tell the phone to search. There may be a button, or you may have to hold down the space bar and backspace key until the LED flashes rapidly (just making something up here - my headset is ready for pairing when the LED flashes rapidly).

Then, even if the keyboard is turned off, the Bluetooth screen in the phone will show it as a paired device. And when you turn the keyboard on it will connect.

But with no documentation at all, there's no way to know how to pair the keyboard, so it's pretty useless.
  3. dc01bb

dc01bb New Member

It's not really a matter of knowing how to pair it. That happens just fine, its when I power the keyboard off and back on, it generally needs to be un-paired and then re-paired.

When I power the keyboard on, it does become visible in the Android Blue Tooth settings, and I can select pair. It then asks you to type 4 characters and enter on the keyboard to complete the pairing. I know this is a little different than pairing a blue tooth headset to a cell phone, and may be normal with a keyboard. The keyboard (and the case with it) has no markings whatsoever on it. It has a power switch, and a button, which I presumed works like the button on a blue tooth headset.