• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Blue-Tooth Mini Keyboard Driver Help

mistermsk

Apr 20, 2011
Hi All,

I recently bought a mini-keyboard off of e-bay. I would love to connect it to my phone. I saw you have to have Keyboard JP app installed and I installed it. However, I can not get it to sync. When I see videos of people syncing theirs up, it gives them a 6 digit code to type blindly on the keyboard. However, when I sync it, it asks for the passcode on my phone (0000 or 1234) Which, from looking at all the information I find is incorrect. So, I downloaded all the PDFs I could find. I have this one PDF saying you need to copy the android.apk file from the cd provided to the device and launch it. Check the CD and no android.apk. Was wondering if this mini-keyboard driver (app) is available anywhere? It should give me a code to type into the keyboard to connect it.

Hi All,

I recently bought a mini-keyboard off of e-bay. I would love to connect it to my phone. I saw you have to have Keyboard JP app installed and I installed it. However, I can not get it to sync. When I see videos of people syncing theirs up, it gives them a 6 digit code to type blindly on the keyboard. However, when I sync it, it asks for the passcode on my phone (0000 or 1234) Which, from looking at all the information I find is incorrect. So, I downloaded all the PDFs I could find. I have this one PDF saying you need to copy the android.apk file from the cd provided to the device and launch it. Check the CD and no android.apk. Was wondering if this mini-keyboard driver (app) is available anywhere? It should give me a code to type into the keyboard to connect it.
Hard to say anything without knowing what phone and keyboard you're talking about. Does the keyboard require an HID or a SPP Bluetooth profile? Which does your phone have? That can often be an issue.

You should probably try the accessories subforum for your phone model.

Upvote 0
Hard to say anything without knowing what phone and keyboard you're talking about. Does the keyboard require an HID or a SPP Bluetooth profile? Which does your phone have? That can often be an issue.

You should probably try the accessories subforum for your phone model.

It looks like this one. It states that it is android compatible. The driver disk only has iPod and Windows drivers even though it says it is compatible with Android. It states to use the android.apk driver on the cd. Of course there is not one. I actually have a few androids devices and it does not work on any of them. Just seeing if someone might have a similar keyboard and to point me in the right direction for getting a driver.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones