Blueant Q1 update

Last Updated:

1. libai8268

libai8268 Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Hey guys and gals,

sorry to be off topic, I recently got my blueant Q1 and it's version is 8.15. However, the android application blueant provides needs 8.19 or above. I tried to update it but I am having difficulty installing the update software. It says it would work on Win7 32bit but it doesn't work on mine.........not even with the compatibility mode.

Then I tried XP mode and it installed well but still can't update my Q1......it would show an error while updating. The error is "can't switch the device to update mode" I also research online and find nothing about the error. Just wondering if somebody knows the solution to this? Thanks

Advertisement
  2. marctronixx

marctronixx Moderator Moderator

first you should be doing this on a winxp box.

have you been to the blueant website? they list all you need to do.

you may need to add a bluetooth driver to your computer. they have that file. there is a way to check your device manager on your computer to see if you need it.

you have to do a unique button press to get the earpiece in flash mode and then you connect it to the computer..the computer will then see the earpiece and you can proceed.

3. wjrandon

wjrandon Well-Known Member

That's why I warned everybody to stay away from the Q1. Most likely your problem is your have bluetooth enabled on you PC. The Q1 updater wont work if you have bluetooth enabled on the PC that's updating the firmware on the headset. Disable bluetooth, connect your headset to the PC via the USB cable and try again. It's a known bug that has been discussed on their website. Blue Ant writes sloppy code... my advise, get your money back.