Blueant S4 prob/question?Support

Last Updated:

1. massimo324

massimo324 New Member This Topic's Starter

I just recently purchased the Blueant S4 speakerphone bluetooth to connect to my HTC Incredible. The device works great and even has a sci-fi/futuristic quality to it. I downloaded the Android marketplace app for the S4, to work with the device, as well. With the device and app, when you receive text messages, it will read them out to you if you have the app turned on. I am having a problem when I receive a text message, it reads it out loud on the phone and not thru the bluetooth device. I have watched videos where it will read it thru the device and not the phone. I have also checked the settings on the app and there is no way to have the device read the text instead of the phone. I know that android 2.1 does not support voice call software (when you say "Call Home or Call John", etc. to the device) until Froyo 2.2 and U don't know if that wil fix the feature.

Has anyone else had this problem with the Blueant S4? The last thing I need is a text coming thru from my bro-in-law saying "What the f--k are you doing", when I don't turn off the app....Crazy...

Advertisement
  2. endorice

endorice Member

Any luck resolving this issue?

I ordered a S4, and haven't been pleased with the integration to my HTC Incredible (running Android 2.2). When I try to call someone, the Blueant unit seems to pass it to the phone, the phone's bluetooth dialer gets activated, I have to repeat my command, and then the voice recognition on the phone is really poor and generally calls the wrong contact. Frustrating.