Blueish tint to displaySupport

Last Updated:

1. rlb4

rlb4 Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Just got 2 new Captivates. One of them has a noticeably blue screen compared to the other which is more white. It also keeps going back to the previous screen as if you hit the back button. It is random but happens alot. I did a hard reset but it still happens. I think I am going to exchange that one since it also has the blueish screen. I ordered the phones over the phone from AT&T. Can I just bring it into any corporate store and exchange it? Will they charge a restocking fee for an exchange? Do you think it is reasonable to ask to power on the phone to see if it has a blueish tint and try to find one that is more white?

Advertisement
  2. SamsungVibrant

SamsungVibrant Well-Known Member

3. rlb4

rlb4 Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Thanks. Is there a limit to the amount of times we can exchange the phone within the 30 days. On my receipt it says one time.

4. acp

acp Well-Known Member

I exchanged one for gps problems and this one has less of a blueish tint...weird

5. s919rider

s919rider Member

Did the new one you got continue to have gps problems? I returned a Captivate because it had serious gps problems. I am very curious to know if your new unit worked. Thank you. My Captivate had a blue tint screen as well....

6. acp

acp Well-Known Member

That's funny GPS is working too, I just compared side by side with an iPhone and they both found me inside my house within seconds.

7. s919rider

s919rider Member

The exchanged Captivate has working gps? Have you tried it while driving using Google Navigation yet? Awesome if it does....mine was really bad. Thx.

8. acp

acp Well-Known Member

No, not yet, but I am going out in a few, so I will check back with results...I just read that other people had luck with a new phone too and then the GPS crapped out after a few days

9. SamsungVibrant

SamsungVibrant Well-Known Member

so anyone else have blue tints, what do you guys think about it, do you prefer warm tones or cool tones (blue tint)?

10. kuherrm

kuherrm Member

11. sremick

sremick Well-Known Member

Seen it, but no one has used it on a Captivate since the color part hasn't been released for the Captivate yet. He's still focusing on bugfixing the Voodoo lagfix on the Captivate.

12. bmoliver

bmoliver Well-Known Member

I notice a very slight blue tint, which is most noticeable during the initial AT&T slash screen during startup. However, it is not an issue for me.