Bluetoooth trouble - please help!Support

Last Updated:

1. Teris

Teris Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

I can "pair" my phone to my new 2011 BMW, but I can't "connect." Is anyone else having this problem? Please advise. Thanks!

Advertisement
  2. Teris

Anyone? :confused:

3. DIDon

DIDon Member

Not good at guessing. What connect process are you using? Did you set both phone and car to discover each other? Is bluetooth turned on in INC? More input .............

4. Teris

Thanks DIDon. I can get the phone and car to pair, but can't get them to stay connected.

After doing some research, it appears that the Inc does not include support for various types of bluetooth. The car uses SPP, which is not supported. Some people have still been able to get it to work, but not me. If anyone has any ideas, I'd appreciate hearing about them. Thanks.

5. Teris

bump

6. DIDon

DIDon Member

My '06 GTO Bluetooth kit, self imported from Holden Australia since GM sucks and never offered BT for the car in the USA, would connect with my old Moto phone, but no go with the INC. Real bummer since I've got to send the BT unit back to Australia to get it updated for newer phones and hope it works. Maybe BMW will offer a software update soon?