Bluetooth A2DP auto connect?

Last Updated:

1. qoncept

qoncept Member This Topic's Starter

I have a Bluetooth recevier connected to the head unit in my car. It's paired with my Droid and connects just fine manually, but it won't autoconnect when it sees the unit. My BT headset autoconnects, so I'm not really sure what's different. Any tips?

Advertisement
  2. bgoody

bgoody Well-Known Member

Hi. Mine took a little while to get in the groove at first but now its fine. I had to go into the Bluetooth settings and let it find the radio and then press to connect. After that it does it automatically although it takes about 30 seconds after I start the truck before it's connected.

3. wonderbread

wonderbread Well-Known Member

I think I have the same problem. It definitely does not connect right after turning blue tooth on. I have to manually tell it to connect then hit "scan" for it to connect right away. It's possible that I just have to wait a few seconds for it to do it automatically.

4. NmNm4all

NmNm4all New Member

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I have the Same problem, i can get my phone to auto connect for calls not for audio,
    I have to go to settings and connect it manually every time i want to listen to musin from my phone....
    I hope there is a solution for this issue.. like an app or same how...

5. wonderbread

wonderbread Well-Known Member

I switched to a different blue tooth receiver (blackberry) and now it always auto-connects. Seems receiving device dependent.

6. funcionando

funcionando New Member

Well for me it happens that the media always connect to my car (wich i dont want) in my vw golf vi with universal bluetooth.

these annoyes me very much because i use an app that tells me about radars and it stops: radio, music, etc.....its very annoying.

Is it the phone or the car?

my phone is an htc desire hd

7. Hello everyone.

8. Darkside138

Darkside138 New Member

Anyone have a solution for this? Having the same issue where I have to manually check the "music" option for the bluetooth device. This only happened since I updated to 2.2 from 2.1.

9. faxedhead

faxedhead New Member

I have the same issue. Using a pair of Sony Bluetooth headphones (DR-BT50), every time in switch the headphones on, on my phone (Android 2.2) I must go into Settings->Wireless->Bluetooth->[device]->options and unselect 'music' and then reselect it. by default it is just connected to phone audio, not music audio. A real pain.

10. westonetech

westonetech New Member

Hi all,
    I got frustrated having to go into the Settings>Wireless&Networks to switch on bluetooth and then go into the BluetoothSettings>BluetoothDevices and choose the paired device to get it to connect...
    ...so I created a widget to put on the home screen of your phone, with one tap it will do all of that for me. This is availble for you too on the Android Market called 'Bluetooth Autoconnect' if you would like to check it out.
    I hope it proves useful to you.