Bluetooth A2DP on Evo?Support

Last Updated:

1. PWBarrett

PWBarrett Member This Topic's Starter

I'm a noob to Android and from what I've searched it looks like A2DP Stereo Bluetooth support is a recent addition.

Would you folks that know about it expect this to work in the Evo?

I've tried pairing with my Jabra BT620s headphones, with no luck. One time I got the remote control to pause & un-pause the song, but I've never gotten the audio redirected, nor the volume control to work.

Shoud this be in 2.1? Froyo?

Advertisement
  2. Bek

Bek Well-Known Member

It works fine on the Evo. I have my Sennheiser MM-200's happily paired with my Evo.

3. RedsGT

RedsGT Well-Known Member

If you long-press on the on name of the device under the BT settings (after it's connected), it should give you some options. Try playing with these, turning them off and on. This is how I got my moto S805's to work.

4. mr.almeida

mr.almeida Well-Known Member

Do they get in your way? I'm a mechanic and I don't want the wires tangling up with me.

5. scnat

scnat Active Member

only option i get is phone audio off and on. no media

6. PWBarrett

PWBarrett Member This Topic's Starter

Finally got around to trying this again - worked on the first try.
    Dunno what the trouble was before - tried every which-way.
    Thanks for the comments.

7. Jewo

Jewo Active Member

I have the S805 too, but I can't get the controls to work. I've tried toggling the media connection in the bt settings. What music player are you using?

8. wubbie075

wubbie075 Well-Known Member

I was having major problems with this for a long time until I discovered an app conflict (stitcher) was causing all my issues. It now works great.

9. JunBringer

JunBringer Well-Known Member

I remember reading that all Android 2.anything has A2DP. I might be getting a bluetooth speaker for Christmas so I'll be sure to hop on here and report how it goes.

10. trader914

trader914 Well-Known Member

I have a car stereo that has AUX port in front of the stereo. I want to play my MP3 or stream Pandora from my EVO to my car stereo via a bluetooth device connected to my AUX port. Is this possible? If so, what model/brands are available? What keywords can I use to find the device on ebay or Google?

11. jamesdean

jamesdean Well-Known Member

12. drexappeal

drexappeal Well-Known Member

I think Froyo added A2DP compatibility. Thing is, I changed to my Jawbone ICON prior to Froyo and haven't had any issues with bluetooth audio ever since.

13. archercc

archercc Well-Known Member

Mine has worked with my moto S9 headphones since day 1. Pairing can be finicky though, it seems moving to 2.2 made the pairing more reliable.

14. drexappeal

Does the moto S9 already have a2dp integrated?

For those that don't have a bluetooth that don't have a2dp, I thought I read that Froyo would allow them to use their non-a2dp bluetooth headsets.

Like I said, I didn't really have a problem after I got the Jawbone Icon, but the Icon has a2dp integrated.

15. Palmetto Fellow

Palmetto Fellow Well-Known Member

I'm not sure how this would work.

16. archercc

archercc Well-Known Member

FroYo or any change on the Evo isnt going to fix a headset that doesnt have a2dp. Its a protocol that must be supported to work. Having a headphone without it is like having a computer that doesn't support wireless G. Upgrading the router wont enable wireless G on the computer, both ends have to support it.

The S9 is a2dp as its a stereo headset and I was more stating that its always been supported on the Evo (at least mine) and worked on the Hero before it so I am guessing it was supported. They also supported at least 1.0 of AVRCP because I can control the media player app using the headphones (play/pause/ff/etc) but I cant speak to 1.3 or better as I haven't connected it to such a device.

I can say that it supports HFP, it paired with the rental I had last week and would allow my to control calling from the car.

17. drexappeal

I see. Sounds like you know your stuff. I was just posting based on what I had read on here from various people, but no credible backup behind it.

Thanks for clarifying.

18. Crissa

Crissa Member

Evo 3D (Sprint) and Jabra BT620s headphones... The phone won't connect to them for media. At all. Worse, it always forgets that I don't want to use them as a headset, and connects as a headset first. If I go into options and set to Media only, it disconnects repeatedly. While sometimes the buttons work to change media, audio is never transferred.

What gives?

Same phone, same problem.

-Crissa

19. JohnnyAirtime

JohnnyAirtime New Member

I've got the EXACT same problem on a Motorola A955 (Droid2).

Bummed, because I can use the BT620s as a speaker/mic for making/answering calls... and even control Pandora on/off/ffwd options, but the audio WILL NOT come through the headset.

Mine too, will not pair if I only choose the media option. I HAVE TO choose the phone option for it to pair. But still no media audio through the headphones.

ANYONE have a better answer? Like... how to MAKE it work! LOL :D

... I'll be swapping this phone out to a new RazrMaxx in the next few days... so, we shall see if it helps or not. But I honestly think it's the Jabra being the problem, as I have an A2DP Plantronics unit that works just fine with my A955.

AND... I'm just happy to know this BT620s holds a charge! I've had it in my closet... for years. Just drug it out 2 days ago... dropped it on the charger to see if it'd work. It does! ...well, sort of.