• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Bluetooth/A2DP Profile on the DI?

rmlavin315

Apr 6, 2010
Does anyone know if the DI has/uses the A2DP Bluetooth profile? I'm looking for a good Bluetooth stereo earbud set and most say they use A2DP. I checked all the literature on the DI that I could find and don't see A2DP listed anywhere. I searched the forums and found some info regarding the Hero and Motorola Droid, but nothing on the DI. I did read where the Hero with Sense UI had some issues with 3rd party apps and A2DP, but that the native Sense UI music app worked fine. Can someone enlighten me on A2DP and the DI please?

Does anyone know if the DI has/uses the A2DP Bluetooth profile? I'm looking for a good Bluetooth stereo earbud set and most say they use A2DP. I checked all the literature on the DI that I could find and don't see A2DP listed anywhere. I searched the forums and found some info regarding the Hero and Motorola Droid, but nothing on the DI. I did read where the Hero with Sense UI had some issues with 3rd party apps and A2DP, but that the native Sense UI music app worked fine. Can someone enlighten me on A2DP and the DI please?

Yep.

Paired mine with a Motorola S9.

I don't know if this is specific to the Motorola, but when outside, the only reliable location for the phone is in my back pocket. Otherwise, it cuts out rather heavily.

It ain't the phone. It did the same thing with the Storm.

Upvote 0
Thanks. I guess I can assume from this is that Bluetooth stereo streaming pretty much means A2DP. Whis is probably the standard starting with BT2.0. The DI is BT 2.01.

DOH!!!! Also... I just found this:

Droid​
!Incredible!supports!the!following!BT!profiles
:!Mono!and!stereo!headset!(HSP),!Hands"free!(HFP),!Stereo!(A2DP),!!Phonebook!Access!(PBAP),!Object!Push

!(OPP)

Thanks again.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones