Bluetooth after 2.3.5 crashing phoneSupport

1. Mrnive

Mrnive New Member

I'm new to android but I'll try my best to be clear about my problem.

I never had issues with my phone until I updated to 2.3.5 and
    one day I accidentally turned on bluetooth got a notification about bluetooth devices and it just crashed. After that it would reload to lock screen within several seconds but the bluetooth will automatically turn on again and proceeed to crash my phone.

The only way I have stopped the crashing, is to put it on flight mode.. which is no good as I can't use 3g and cannot receive calls or call.

Really frustrated that I cannot use a phone to call! Any help would be appreciated, thanks.

Advertisement
    :
  2. DOOBEE

DOOBEE Member

Hi,

I had the exact same problem about a week ago. All you need to do is to reboot the phone and it should work fine.

I used a program app called MyBackup to backup my apps etc, but you might have to re-do your home screen and the layout of your app screens.
    Mrnive likes this.
  3. Mrnive

Mrnive New Member

Thanks for the reply but i want to clarify what you meant by rebooting your phone. Do you mean factory reset? And also MyBackup app doesn't back up applications and media if it's not pro version. Thanks for replying, so glad to
    know it is not a faulty phone problem.
  4. Russell Ng

Russell Ng Well-Known Member

I think he meant for you to factory reset the phone. A lot of issues with updates is that there are left over files from the previous firmware which clashes. A Factory reset would clear the cache. Problem is you have to download and reinstall all your apps as well as redoing your settings again. A reset won't change the android version back.

I have a couple of issues, like phone rebooted on its own a few times, but its rare, and hasn't happen for a few days. So I think I am going to live with it. I can't go through the hassle to reinstall nearly 100apps in the phones. That said, if someone can figure out how to clear the cache without factory reset, that would be great.

Cheers
  5. DOOBEE

DOOBEE Member

yes i meant that i did a factory reset to solve the bluetooth problem. mybackup did backup my apps, but the market didn't seem to recognize that i had the apps installed after mybackup replaced them. Also, i tried to restore some settings from kies, and the bluetooth broke again. So i did a factory reset for a second time, but this time i re-installed my apps myself by going on android market on my PC, which keeps a list of all your apps and installed them from the PC. This is a pain but i don't know of a way around it. Also, Ive had to setup my email again, and all my wireless passwords. but at the end of the day, its not that much work, and if you need bluetooth like me you haven't really got a choice anyway! My backup does save your bookmarks, message history and some of your home screen layouts.
  6. Russell Ng

The market via PC does show up the apps you've installed. Unfortunately after installing quite a few, maybe past 20s... it starts getting Alzheimer and doesn't remember every app. So if you have many, its gonna kill your data / wifi / time / effort to get everything sorted again....
  7. Mrnive

Mrnive New Member

Thanks for clearing that up.. now to begin the back up process.. I assume progress on some of my apps will be gone :/
  8. Russell Ng

Yup.... gone like the wind.

I hear those rooted phones can back up everything though. But I don't root.
  9. Sydney-Droider

Sydney-Droider New Member

Same happened with one or phones.

When I called Samsung they said to do hard reset with typing *2767*3855#

this will wipe the phone.

I asked if the new IceCream Sandwich with release was installed would this fix the phone,
    He said most likely it will but has no idea when this will be released.

I have used Google and many reports say now Feb 2012 but I cant find anything definite.

Might be worth waiting but is a gamble....