bluetooth and battery lifeSupport

Last Updated:

1. Alexp08

Alexp08 Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

i live in maryland and it just became a law that we cant be on our phone while driving without having a bluetooth headset. so today i put in my bluetooth to get use to it, my phone was dead in 4 hours..has anyone else had this problem? if so is there anything i can to with the bluetooth connected to help the battery life?

Advertisement
  2. rosered

rosered VIP Member VIP Member

It has been the law in the UK for some time, altho many people flout it. I use bluetooth via my cars stereo for calls and haven't found it to give a significant battery drain but I am only in the car probably an hour and a half per day in total.

Is it a headset that you are using? Or is it a built in bluetooth capability?

I guess if you are going to use it for a long time in the car and it is draining, then a car charger could be a work around.

The only thing I have found to be a battery killer whilst in the car is using Navigation on Google maps.

3. Gurba

Gurba Well-Known Member

BT shouldn't drain the juice in 4 hours.

4. xx_raj_xx

xx_raj_xx Well-Known Member

I use mine for about 2 hours a day with BT, barely uses any battery.. 3 hours today with BT on and it has used 3% of the battery..
    not sure what is causing yours to drain..

5. Alexp08

Alexp08 Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

well then what happened to my phone lol IM not saying you guys are wrong cause I was shocked but what could it be.I have juice defender and app killer which help buy wow it drained fast

6. Shonan

Shonan Well-Known Member

im a lorry driver in uk and my bluetooth goes on from bout 8 clock in the morning till 4 clock in the afternoon, with quite bit of usage of tx and phone calls, i have all othe functions turned of I.E wifi gps and location, i go to some out the way and in the sticks so loose 3g and signal aint always that great and by the end off the working day im on around 60 %

7. Holger_Danske

Holger_Danske Well-Known Member

Ya, I agree with the consensus here, that BT is the least likely culprit to drain your battery.
    Wi-fi and GPS for sure do much more draining.

Also check things like your brightness and turn off vibrate-which you shouldn't need (or feel) in your car anyway.

Rosereds idea is the best idea. Get a car charger and plug it in while you drive. You will end up with more charge than you started with by the end of your journey- likely- unless a short trip and you just finished charging in the house or some such.