Bluetooth and the Battery

1. ZXRichie

ZXRichie Active Member

Hi, can you tell me if having my bluetooth on constantly, effects my battery time. I've seen lots of apps to control it, turn it off etc

Thanks

Rich

Advertisement
  2. smitty24

smitty24 Well-Known Member

Yes, it will affect your battery if its on for no reason. Same with wifi and 3g (if you dont have coverage)

There are apps in the Market that let you turn them on and off. Usually like '3G Swithcer' or 'Bluetooth Switcher,' etc....
  3. ZXRichie

ZXRichie Active Member

Ok Thanks, i have got those switchers , its just that i like the bluetooth to be on so i can just get in my car and switch on my overhead jabra 700 and it connects, without me fumbling in my pocket for my phone to switch it on

Cheers Rich
  4. DarthMuffin

DarthMuffin Member

I think you'll find that bluetooth isn't a huge power drain. Maybe not even enough to be noticeable. Unlike Wifi and GPS (which really suck battery) it was designed for low power devices. I've found the negligible battery drain from keeping my BT on isn't worth my time and effort to keep turning it off and on. I just keep it on.
  5. boogerdroid

boogerdroid Active Member

are you saying keeping the gps option on running in the background drains your battery? isn't that gps thing help you out when your using google for local things?