1. In regards to recently combined carrier specific root forums, if your device forum was affected, please see this poll/thread!

Bluetooth and wifi problemSupport

1. fuf

fuf New Member

Welcome Everyone!
    I have SE Xperia X10 for about a week and i have already encountered a problem with my wi-fi and bluetooth modules. They just won't turn on: error message "Unable to start wi-fi" appears all the time i try to turn it on. Simillar thing with bluetooth but there's actually even no error message, bluetooth is just "Turning on..." and it never does:)

I run on stock software with no possibility to update (probably no updates for my region; only option is manual update with software from other region, but the modules still don't work). I have to add that both wi-fi and bluetooth work several minutes after reset or after fixing it with Update Service. Then after few turning on and off procedures i cannot use it anymore. When i look in Settings>>About Phone>>Status there is something like that: Wi-Fi MAC adress Unavailable, Bluetooth adress Unavailable. The adresses are available for several minutes after reset, then it changes status to Unavailable and i can't turn them on again:(

I searched forums and found no information on possible solution for Xperia.
    On one forum i was given an advice to bring phone to my operator service, and it can be problem with internal drivers. But before i'll do that i want to ask you guys if there is other solution? I don't want to wait a month or two before they fix it or give me a new phone.

Phone is of course new and on the guarantee.

I really appreciate any help.

Advertisement
  2. Dunc-x10

Dunc-x10 Well-Known Member

You dont say were your from but if it was me I'd be bangging on the door of my service provider.
  3. powerkiter

powerkiter Well-Known Member

Well if the phone is new why would you be waiting months to get it back?

If it's new then just go back to the shop and demand a replacement! Simple and no twatting about they sold you a faulty phone so it's up to them to replace it with a working one, well thats how it works in the UK.
  4. fuf

fuf New Member

Thanks for replies! I'm from Poland. I hoped that this is software problem which can be repaired in home. But if You say i should demand a replacement then i will do that:) I'll probably have to wait some time. Here it isn't that simple. They will not give me new phone without complaiments i think, but it looks like it's the only way.
  5. powerkiter

powerkiter Well-Known Member

Just read a thread on here a few down from this one and apparently there is a bug which causes the issues you have and Sony Ericsson know about them so just ask for a replacement phone :)
  6. fuf

fuf New Member

Thank you very much for help! :)
  7. huntleth

huntleth Well-Known Member

Yeah i've not heard of the Bluetooth one but there are some issues with wifi.

I walked into my phone shop the other day with my X10 and said its broken and they gave me a new one without even looking at it, or looking at my debit card or anything! As you say though, Poland may be more difficult :mad: