• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Bluetooth and Wifi question

mched

Mar 31, 2010
Valencia. CA
I listen to music at work with some Bluetooth speakers.
I also occasionally connect to WiFi while at work.
Since the Froyo update if I am connected to both Wifi and Bluetooth while listening to music, the bluetooth will turn itself on and off over and over again. This did not happen to me prior to the Froyo update.

I guess my question is, can we not be running and be connected to WiFi and Bluetooth at the same time with Froyo?
Thanks

I have Panasonic Bluetooth cordless phones that I keep my DI paired with all day long when I'm at home. (I can answer my cell phone via the cordless landline phones.) Also, since I live in the sticks and don't get a mobile signal anywhere except when my DI is sitting on a south windowsill, I use WiFi all the time when I'm playing on my phone. Both the Bluetooth and the WiFi work are working fine with Froyo.

If you haven't already tried this, I'd try starting afresh with Bluetooth by deleting all your paired items. Then re-pair with your speakers. Maybe that will make a better connection...?

Upvote 0
I also have a problem with bluetooth when wifi is on.

If wifi is on, when talking on the phone with bluetooth headset i hear a distortion or sort of fade out every couple seconds when the other person is talking. ...Turn off wifi, problem goes away and sounds fine.

Have tested this with a Voyager Pro, a Plantronics 975 and a Jawbone Icon - same exact problem with all three.

Anyone else experience this?

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones