Bluetooth Audio Cuts Out with WiFi EnabledSupport

Last Updated:

1. what29

what29 Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

I have been having issues with my Nexus One when trying to stream music via bluetooth to my clarion cd player. It was hit and miss, sometimes playing fine, sometimes not even connecting for 5 minutes. I may have found the problem, i was having some cutting and out issues tonight and i disabled wifi and it immediatly played silky smooth. I then turned on wifi and it started to cut in and out immediatly. This leads me to believe the wifi radio is causing problems streaming music via bluetooth but wanted to find out if anyone else had similar issues and what they do. I just came from using an iphone 3gs and never had these issues, it always played smooth. I have no problems disabling wifi when in my truck but want to get other opinions. thanx

Advertisement
  2. nateo200

nateo200 Well-Known Member

They both operate on the same frequency band. Bluetooth uses the entire 2400Mhz band so its hard to avoid this, only way I can think of is to get rid of this is to set your router to broadcast on Channel 14 but that band isnt available in the US but if you did that I would imagine the issues would go away. Sucks...

3. what29

I have not tried it in my home, only in my truck, so the router option does not come into play. thanx though, i will keep that in mind if i use it in my home for bluetooth audio

4. what29

Did some more testing last night and again this morning. The Wifi is the problem. anytime you enable wifi the blrtooth audio starts to cut in and out immediatly, then turn off and smooth sound. There has to be a way for these to radios to co-exist becasue they did on my iphone perfectly, i never had to shut one off to get the other to work. If anyone has any apps they use or know of it would be great to know. at least now i can simply turn off the wifi when driving but it would be nice to leave on

5. androidtx

androidtx Well-Known Member

This happens in some phones, it was notorious on some of the tmobile UMA phones. It is a matter of poor engineering, shielding, and antenna design.

6. ianken

ianken Member

Just ran into this myself. Using an Anycom BAR10 A2DP adapter for the radio in the kitchen. This is just WEAK. Sorry. I'm sure there is a good technical reason.

I'm at home. I have FIOS. Why would I stream for prolonged periods on my 3G link when I have rock solid super fast net access when I'm home. I was going to get the home dock but when I saw that it uses A2DP for audio I decided to skip it.

Typical GOOG. They tend to get tripped up by the details. See: no audio output from car dock and testing the N1 in wonderfully flat Silicon Valley Forrest of Cell Towers but nowhere else.