bluetooth audio & ListenTips

1. CyberWinter

CyberWinter Well-Known Member

I finally figured out how to enable bluetooth audio in my car. I was so used to the good old aux jack, I never bothered to fiddle with the bluetooth.

Anyway, as soon as I start the car, the media player plays and it displays the audio track on my car's navigator screen (BMW). That's cool!

Google Listen is a little different. I would have to have it launched, and then it becomes the default and it plays instead of the media player (which is cool, since I use LISTEN mostly). Just two problems.
    1) Listen will start as soon as I start the car, but only about 2 seconds. I then have to either press play on the phone, or go into the car's screen and switch out of bluetooth audio and back in, in order to start up Listen again.
    2)Listen doesn't display the podcast on the car's screen :(

I wish Android had a better media player by incorporating something like Listen (or a podcast catcher) into the built-in player.

Does anyone else have a better recommendation as to how to deal with media? Sucks having to deal with two players only to have the default player fight to be the primary.

Advertisement