Bluetooth Audio Low on Voice Dialer

Last Updated:

1. AndroiDad75

AndroiDad75 Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

If this has been answered, I apologize. I have used the search, done a google search, and see a lot of bluetooth issues regarding pairing issues, but haven't seen if this is a true issue or not, or is it something that I am running to in Virtuous.

I have a bluetooth headset to use in the car. When I hit the dialer it connects to the Google Voice Dialer application. The problem is, the volume is almost inaudible. It is so low that I really have to grab my phone to see if it is dialing who I told it to dial.

I thought maybe it was due to my media volume being at 10 out of 15, but turning it all the way up doesn't help.

So, is there a bluetooth audio issue with Virtuous, or a fix, that I am missing? Is anyone else having the same thing happen?

Thanks!!!!

Advertisement
  2. demlv

demlv Member

Not using GV here, but the audio response in my bluetooth headset from the voice dialer seems unchanged (loud enough for me) after upgrading to Virtuous 3.1.0.

demlv

3. AndroiDad75

AndroiDad75 Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Well thanks for the response. Haven't upgraded to 3.1 yet. Maybe I should try that. It's just that the voice dialer volume is always so low. I never tried the bluetooth dialing before rooting, so can't compare. That's why I was wondering if others had an issue.

I will try updating to 3.1

4. Zorkman

Zorkman New Member

I have the exact same problem;
    I'm using a HTC Wildfire with cyanogenmod RC2 and a scala rider headset
    the volume is way to low and I really have to guess what the feedback is saying

5. welchrock

welchrock New Member

I'm having this same issue and man, it sure is frustrating. It turns an attempt to drive safely into the opposite, where I'm struggling to get my phone to recognize a simple command while driving.

I have a Moto Droid X on Froyo 2.2 but found this thread via the search and am hopeful any solution you find for your device will also work on mine.

I love add-ons, widgets, hacking etc but for now I'm trying to just get the voice activated dialing working so I can readily make calls from my bluetooth headset. I've always noticed that speed and sensitively vary from phone to phone (coming to droid off a BlackBerry Tour), but this is truly the worst voice activated dialing situation I have ever encountered.

Looking forward to following this thread.