• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help bluetooth audio no longer synchs after 2.2

trdguy2001

Lurker
Jul 16, 2010
I used to be able to play music from my nexus to my car via Bluetooth without the aux port. After the update to froyo 2.2 I am only able to make phone calls. It keeps saying Bluetooth failed to connect please check your portable player for the correct pass code.. Well my question is where is that option..I think I remember being able to access it before the update to 2.2 but now I can't seem to find the option to input the pass code my car is showing..Which is also kind of weird because I don't have to punch in a pass code to use my hands free. Can anyone shed some light on this situation? Did google forget to put the ability to punch in a passcode?
Thanks
Brian

You shouldn't need to enter it on the stereo just the N1. Easiest way is to delete the connection on the N1, set the stereo to search for Bluetooth connections, ask the N1 to look for connections and then pair the 2 again on the N1 n it should work. Had the same problem with a Sony BT4700U n solved it this way.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones